Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pord

How Long Does It Take For Your Body (Skin) To Return To Normal After Accutane?

Hey,

I took Roacutan for a total of six months. I have now been off it for almost three months.

I was just wondering how long it takes for the skin to go back to normal once you stop taking Accutane?

I have read that the skin become very thin. How long does it take to thicken?

Thanks so much!

doc told me 3-5 months...

for the red marks/scars whatever my derm is giving me differin 1 month post accutane

once there gone im takin melanotan2.... apparantly it thickens the skin so that should help

doc told me 3-5 months...

for the red marks/scars whatever my derm is giving me differin 1 month post accutane

once there gone im takin melanotan2.... apparantly it thickens the skin so that should help

How long have you been on accutane? What types of scars do you have besides the hyperpigmentation?

Thanks for the reply.

It depends but there's a rule of thumb that you should wait 6 months before treating scars.

I have quite a few hyperpigmentation marks from the medicine, but I also have a few marks. They look like little indents. Will these indents lessen or go away once the skin thickens?

Thanks.

^

i only have hyper pigmentaton... i actually do have like 3 tinnnnyy icepick scars but i really dont give a fuck lol

ask ur derm for differin when u are done accutane. u can start it a month after u are off tane

^

i only have hyper pigmentaton... i actually do have like 3 tinnnnyy icepick scars but i really dont give a fuck lol

ask ur derm for differin when u are done accutane. u can start it a month after u are off tane

Are you sure that you can start using Differin one month after? My derm said I had to wait at least 6 months before I could do anything . . .

Is the Differin for the scars or the hyperpigmentation marks?

this isnt my derms first rodeo....

differin is for hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and prevents acne. apparantly makes ur skin look younger. as for the scars like icepick scars it doesnt do anything for them, lasers probably are best for that but honestly mine are so small i dont care

my only issue is the flushing... anyways im finished innnnn 13 days!!!!

I didnt go on anything after accutane. Scars and pigmentation will fade. I would just be patient honestly, but everyone is different

I didnt go on anything after accutane. Scars and pigmentation will fade. I would just be patient honestly, but everyone is different

Oh, OK, so what you're trying to say is just chill? nod.gif

but how long did u wait?

im going to mexico in middle of may i want these marks gone(arnt severe id say mine are moderate at most). i wanna go out in the sun and tan without worrying abiut these stupid things. im done tane oct 31

Oh, OK, so what you're trying to say is just chill? nod.gif

I wish I was better at the whole "just chill" thing. :)

lol you got me

I dont remember how long it took. I wasnt really worried about the spots, i was just pumped to not be getting zits anymore

someone make a roll call for pih sufferers thread :D

like the accutane one we can follow eachothers progress

u feelin me?