Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwitz

Found This Lotion, And Need Help With The Ingredients...

Personally, I'm not going to look up every single ingredient, but at a glance it would be something that I wouldn't use. I like to stay away from Glycerine, Alcohol and the Citric Acid. The only reason I say that is because for my oily skin, glycerine products feel a little weird and sometime will give me acne. Then the alcohol work against my BP, causing me to dry out a little more and sting at times. Finally the Citric acid seems like it would be doing the same as my BP in the way that normally anything in the citric family is suppose to help "peel" skin cells to help renew cell growth (in theory). In the end it's all personal and custom to your skin type. I know people that can use Cetaphil day and night, but for me it breaks me out. Hope this helps, Good Luck!

Here they are,

Aqua, Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Vitis Vinifera, Cetaryl Alcohol, Glycerine (Veg), Cetereth-20 Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyglycerin, Sodium benzoate, Citric Acid

Anything on there that could cause breakouts or block pores?

It's from here if anyone is interested,

http://www.naturallythinking.com/products/Moisture-Lotion.html

Thanks in advance. smile.png

I would stay away from this; cetaryl alcohol and cetereth 20 are especially bad when labeled next to each other on the ingredient list. Personally, I break out badly if I use moisturizers with these ingredients.