Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So my skin has finally started to clear, of course there's always the occassional breakout. But now I have horrible PIH/red/brown/purple marks left. I've been on differin .3 for bout 4 months, and started Meladerm about 3 weeks ago. The thing that concerns me the most is that some of these marks haven't faded or healed in the least in the last 4 months.

I don't understand what to do, I know PIH takes forever to heal, but I hear differin and Meladerm are suppose to speed up the process. I haven't seen any progress and it taking its tool on me.

Pleassse leave suggestions.

P.S. These photos make my PIH look wayyyyy better than it actually is, its much darker and more apparent.

post-155898-0-39576200-1318810494_thumb.

post-155898-0-41946300-1318810541_thumb.

post-155898-0-39576200-1318810494_thumb.

post-155898-0-41946300-1318810541_thumb.

Scars in general take around 24 months to fade away on their own. Sadly there isn't a miracle that you can put on and the next morning you wake up with perfect skin. Your main concern should be with your existing acne. There is no real benefit to trying to fade scarring if you still have active acne that will just make more. Solve one problem at a time. Sounds like you are on the right track though. You can talk to your doctor for more options, but they wont suggest things like lasers or dermabration. For those type of things they want you to be clear of the active acne problem first. As far as products, try things that have Salicylic Acid or Vitamin A. These ingredients are suppose to peel away at skin cells and renew new cell growth. I'm not a 100% believer in that, but it's an option. Like I said before, sounds like you are on the right path. Just stick with it and don't let it get you down. Scarring will end up taking a lot of time to heal up. That's just the nature of it. Hope this helps? Good Luck!