Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
woah44

Chances That I Will Experience An Initial Breakout?

I just started Accutane yesterday after my body began resisting antibiotics. I've had 2 horrible breakouts in the last month after getting off of Minocycline (over 15 pimples each time). The most recent breakout was just this week and it still looks pretty bad. I'm optimistic for the results of Accutane, but i'm terrified of an initial breakout, especially because my school's homecoming is in less than 1 week and I'm still hoping that my acne will look better by next weekend. My question is do you guys think I'll have an initial breakout even after just having a bad breakout before starting Accutane?

Edited by woah44

I think most people do experience an initial breakout. My dermatologist is putting me on Erythromycin for 2 months which she says will stop it from happening. I'm not sure if it will or not, but she's the expert... maybe you could ask about that if you're worried?

dude , ive taken accutane a few times ive never got an IB once ! stay positive thiers plenty of ppl on here and OUT THIER that dont troll these boards that didnt get an ib . hope it goes well !

I'm in my 6th week of Accutane on 40mg a day and haven't experienced the dreaded ib as of yet... But I'm keeping my fingers crossed ha

I'm on my second week and experiencing it as we speak. I think most people do - my dermatologist warned me that my acne would probably get worst the first and (probably) second months.

Im just entering week 3 and apart from one or two new spots (which i would have gotten anyway) im not experiencing the big ib that all say. But its still early maybe? Dont forget everyone is different!

When I started accuntane last year, they started me off at the second highest dosage (forgot which one is was) but for the first like, month it was really bad. Then after that first month or so, I slowly started seeing changes. But it all depends on the person. I did see a huge break out at first but that cleared up.

is the IB as bad as people make out? i reckon i could handle it if it only lasted a week

Mine was pretty severe yes, probably the worst I broke out in one instance for a long time, and it took longer than usual to heal as well, the whole ordeal probably lasted about 3 weeks