Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well 5 minutes does seem a little long and all your really doing is drying out the skin even more. According to Dan and the "regimen" you should also cleanse for 10 seconds. I used to think about 1 or 2 minutes but it depends on your skin-type, oily=a little longer and dry/normal=very short. I've never heard of Aczone before but according to their website it's a completely new product. It seems to be kind of like Differin is to retin-a but Aczone is to antibiotics or benzoyl peroxide. They have no idea how it really works, just the fact that it reduces acne. But anyways hope I helped!

Edited by Brown Spots

I honestly wouldn't rub it in for five minutes, you'll end up with really irritated skin. I'd suggest just rubbing it in gently in circular motions for 20-30 seconds at most - just long enough to cleanse your skin - and rinsing. There's no way your skin needs to be assaulted for five minutes in order to clean it. :P If it's medicated, rub it in gently, leave it for a minute or two and then wash it off, but don't rub it in for ages. You'll end up looking like a very cross tomato, especially if you do this in conjunction with the topicals you've been given.