Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pord

Accutane, Scars, And Vitamin A.

Hey,

I have looked al over the message boards and I still have not found an answer.

I have been off of accutane for about three months now and I am now waiting for my face to heal.

I want to know if it is alright to take a multi-vitamin that contains vitamin A. I have not been able to find anything on this. I know that I am supposed to be 'tane free for at least six months before I can start a scar treatment, but does that mean that I can't take a multi-vitamin that has vitamin A?

If someone has the answer or a link as to where I can find my answer I would really appreciate it (yes, I have tried to search the boards).

Thank you.

funny thing, i asked my derm this a few days ago, she said its okay if you take a multivitamin , think she said just don't take high doses but one is good

funny thing, i asked my derm this a few days ago, she said its okay if you take a multivitamin , think she said just don't take high doses but one is good

Really? Thanks for the reply. I have heard several different opinions. I just want to get a concrete answer (maybe with some real medical info regarding the subject as well). :)

If it helps any:

The type of vitamin A in this multi-vitamin is 40% acetate and 30% beta-caotene.