Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stray

The Cleanser-Toner-Moisturizer Thing

Hi,

I'm an 18 year old girl who's been suffering from acne since I was 12, it started out really mild and progressed toward moderate. I tried most topicals but I have given up on all of them, they are useless for me, all they did was irritate and aggravate the problem. I took accutane when I was 15 for 3 months on a high dosage for my weight and had no problems, I was clear for about a couple of years (I have no scarring). When I was turning 17 I started taking birth control and it made me break out. At that time I was just using a soap-free cleanser and little more. Now I'm taking another brand of BC (not Dianette, but Yasmin which is not directly aimed at clearing up acne).

My mom told me she had a friend who had mild to moderate acne and was told to change some things in her diet (cut out 'embutido' - not sure how to translate it, let's just leave it at things that come from pork) and do the 3-step regimen: cleanser, toner, moisturizer. She says her skin improved dramatically, until she was finally clear. I decided to try that to see what would happen. I had pretty mild acne when I started.

I got the 3 products from the Nivea Young (about $15 total) and it lasts for about two months if you don't use TOO much. In the morning I'd get up, wash with a small amount of the cleanser, pat dry with a small clean towel (I never use one more than once), apply the toner with a cotton ball, and once my face is dry again I'd apply some moisturizer, enough to be absorbed quickly. Then at night, exactly the same. I've been doing this since the first week of July religiously, and I can say that this HAS worked for me, my face isn't very oily and it's the best it has ever been. It's smooth and soft, and I have only a couple of red marks that are fading on my chin.

I just wanted to let you guys know this has worked for me and was wondering if someone else had tried it.

it's funny how most teens say their acne started "mild"...when i was 14 i broke out from clear skin to cystic bumps and looked like poison ivy or somethin and then over the next 3 years it slowly decreased. I will never forget that day when i woke up one day and my face looked like a pile of garbage trash.