Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boston50

Blood Test Results

My daughter just had blood work done and found that her glomerular filtration rate was not within normal limits. Doctor said it was because of the spiro and to cut dosage in half. She only takes 50 mgs now plus what's in her Beyaz. I think she'll break out on half. You might as well not take it. Has anyone had any problems with blood work and abnormal results? It's usually the potassium we worry about. I never dreamed kidney disease could be a worry.

What is that test? I've never heard of it.

It makes sense spiro can damage the kidneys because it affects water levels and is a diuretic. Many diuretics are hard on the kidneys.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. :(

It's just one of the components of the regular urine test. It was the creatinine/serum portion. I got results on gfr rate on a recent urine test. It makes me wonder how many people are being checked for this. I thought potassium levels were the big issue. I guess she's going off spiro in the near future.

Edited by Boston50

Stage two renal failure. Doctor says it's mild but she feels she is too young to have these numbers.

Edited by Boston50