Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janice66

Going On A Date With Acne?

Okay, I'm starting this by saying that I'm gay. I don't really want any negative comments about my sexuality because I'll just ignore them.

Anyway,I knew this guy a while back when I had clearer skin and he's asked me out on a date now (by text, he hash't seen me since I was relatively clear). I told him my skin looks bad now and that I'm really sensitive about it and he said he doesn't care but I'm still nervous of rejection. Is there any techniques to help me feel relaxed and not paranoid about my skin?

Thanks

Edited by 95tomwest

dude, i totally feel you. luckily i already found a partner and he says that he doesnt care about my acne, but it totally brings me down. i feel like iam less sexy now that my acne has returned.but i think you should just go and try not to think about your acne for a while. its not good for you to not live because of it..

Your post reminded me of an experience I had a litte while ago.

I've been hooking up with this girl for a couple months, and the last time we were together, she told me the nicest thing anyone has ever told me.

It was kind of in the middle of an intimate moment and I said something about my skin being the bane of my existence. She looked right into my eyes and said, "there's nothing wrong with your skin."

The next day, I was totally floored by it. My thoughts were something like, WOW she was looking at my face and she actually doesn't see anything wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with my skin. I have never had anyone tell me that before. It's hard to elucidate what a powerful moment that was for me. But it was like a hit to a major life paradigm that there is something wrong with my skin.

Anyway, the guy said he doesn't care. He probably means it and ACTUALLY DOESN"T CARE. So, have fun and enjoy the moment ;]

I've only ever been in a similar situation once before, not knowing how the other person would respond. The difference here is, you already raised the subject ahead of time and he said he doesn't care. Unless you know of any reason why you shouldn't take him at his word, trust that it isn't going to be a problem. If you go along, be yourself and be as confident as you can, those are the things he will notice most and those are the things which matter. :)

Your post reminded me of an experience I had a litte while ago.

I've been hooking up with this girl for a couple months, and the last time we were together, she told me the nicest thing anyone has ever told me.

It was kind of in the middle of an intimate moment and I said something about my skin being the bane of my existence. She looked right into my eyes and said, "there's nothing wrong with your skin."

The next day, I was totally floored by it. My thoughts were something like, WOW she was looking at my face and she actually doesn't see anything wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with my skin. I have never had anyone tell me that before. It's hard to elucidate what a powerful moment that was for me. But it was like a hit to a major life paradigm that there is something wrong with my skin.

Anyway, the guy said he doesn't care. He probably means it and ACTUALLY DOESN"T CARE. So, have fun and enjoy the moment ;]

wow, that's beautiful. I hope I get a reaction like that.

He said he doesn't care and that he has 'bad skin' too. But I know full well he only has it very mildly. I have it moderately. I'm just terrified of rejection but I honestly am sick of acne holding me back. If he rejects me then I guess I'll feel like sh*t but I'll get over it.

Edited by 95tomwest