Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jo1821

Lumps Under Skin! Not Sure What These Are?

Hi,

Just need alittle advise! My skins pretty much clear accept for the monthly hornonal breakout. howver out of the blue i have two largeish bumps they are red and slightly raised. they have been there since tuesday and are on my top right hand corner of my face. I have been taking ibuprofen to help with the redness and swelling and tenderness. this has helped and they are not painful to touch. I have been apoplying bp and putting some spot treatment over the top in the form of clearisil. I have iced them once to help the redness and to see if this would reduce the lumps!

Are these cysts? or are they just a larger spot?

any advise in treating these?

Thanks!!

If we had a picture of the spot(s) it might be easier to tell you what they might be. But from what I read it sounds like a cysts. They normally form under the skin and cause a raised/red hump on the skin. Sometimes that will show up and then go away on their own. Other times they will be painful and you can see the whitehead just under the skin. Cysts are hard to treat because of the fact that they are under your skin. I normally get them on my forehead and neck.

The best things I have found is to let them be and for them to do their own thing. Stick with the Regimen and apply a mini ice massage to help with the redness and pain (if you have any). Spot treatment wont really help with this type of thing. You really want to let a cysts breath and it should go down over time. Then again, this only really applies if we are talking about a true cysts? Hope this helps a little? Good Luck!