Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lindz029

Bare Minerals

Okay I feel like bare minerals original base is a really good foundation when on the DKR regimen HOWEVER I feel like 1-2 hours after applying the foundation my faces looks so shiny! I even apply the finishing powder mineral veil and its still shiny 2 hours later. Its weird because my skin isnt really oily its more combination/dry. Did anyone else experience this and if so how did you fix it?

you know i get this way as well and i bought the matte version of the foundation and i have to constantly blot my skin with paper towels. i dont know why this is though.

It is the Bismuth Oxychloride. Is it used in makeup because it gives the makeup a silky feel, good slip (this means it applies well to the skin and doesn't drag or grab on the skin) and good adhesion, which helps it stay on your skin. It feels smooth and silky when rubbed between the fingers. It is often described as a lustrous crystalline powder.

The oils that everyone has in their skin (even the driest skin, like myself) blend or like Bare Minerals likes to say melts with your skin. I don't think skin melts! Your makeup through out the day starts to develop a sheen or shine. This also (oils) can make some woman who wear makeup comment that their makeup turns orange as the day goes on while wearing makeup. It's also best if this is the case with orange makeup to go a shade lighter. Hope that helps!

Gemmyjunebug is right it is the bismuth that is very very shiny and causes the shiny look. You will constantly have this as long as you use their formula. I quit using their products quite some time ago due to the shine and the fact that it started melting off by mid day. The brand I use now doesn't have either of these issues so I haven't been back to BE. I wouldn't recommend their matte formula though as it is extremely matte and the silica in it causes breakout issues for a lot of people.

Bare Minerals' matte formula does not have the bismuth that causes problems for some, but it does contain calcium silicate. Google it and read the OSHA link about the hazards of this ingredient. It made me break up horribly!

Frustrated Woman- it was probably the Silica. This one can be a major breakout ingredient for those who are acne prone. It is in their matte formula.