Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
new2mac

What Are Some Alternative Drugs Other Than Minocin/accutane?

have you had any success with any others? I've tried minocin and unfortunately had the side effect of teeth discoloration, and am unwilling to go back to that or go on accutane. And before I go see my derm I want to come armed with a list of medication I can discuss. Thanks!

let see i have also taken bactrim and amoxicillin and now i am on doxycycline and it works pretty well. i had teeth discoloration on mino too and had to spend a ton of cash to get my teeth white again but i have been on doxy for about 8 months and my teeth are fine.

Edited by Karen Howz

Well have you tried retin-a gel yet? That has helped me a lot but now I just need to find a good product that will work just as good or better than clindimycin. So I'm going to ask have you tried benzoyl peroxide or any AHA's or salicylic acid? That could be the answer to your question as well. Make sure your using a good cleanser and moisturizer that doesn't have things that could break you out. Hope I helped! Also I'm on minocycline and my teeth are pretty discolored so I'm hoping when I get off it my teeth will be less yellow.