Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone else obsess about lighting in social situations? I feel like every time I'm talking to people lately, I try to position myself with my back to a bright light/tv/the sun/etc to have the most flattering lighting possible for my acne. I know it's ridiculous, but if people have to see my acne, I'd prefer that it be as subtle as possible.

Also, I used to love natural light in rooms, now I feel like it's this very unforgiving, harsh reminder of reality.

Anyone else do the same?

I avoided natural light for some time because my husband always so kindly told me "Your acne is really apparent in natural light" -_-" made me so upset for while. I also got really upset when I was in the bathroom at my place of work because the lights they have in there make my face slightly translucent so any forming acne was really really obvious.

You'll get over it once it starts clearing though.. or at least I did.

Ahhhhhh.. it's so nice to know I'm not the only crazy one. YES. I like to have the light behind me as well, so my face is then kind of shadowed. Oh and I love restaurants that have really dim lighting. Hate ones surrounded by windows, always get seated right next to one!

I used to hate walking across the campus in college because the light would beat down on me and even if I had concealer on my acne you could see the bumps! Bahhh humbug!

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm ok with whatever light doing everyday stuff, but when someone pulls out a camera....you better not think I'm going to take a photo outdoors in midday sunlight.

I totally know how you feel, because I feel the same way about bright lights. I HATE the sunlight (vampire much?) because it makes all of my marks to be fully exposed and visible. I'm a guy so I don't use any make up (I feel I need to accept the way my marks look, ans that they will fade in time), so you can really see even the littlest tiny tiny hair outdoors.

I usually close my living-room curtains to avoid getting so much light, which also reflects in the white floor. And I even changed the light bulb position in my room so that the whole thing wouldn't be so bright. At school, whenever someone opens up the curtains to get some light, I automatically freak out and HAVE to close them.

We're all freaks :P

omg, its so great to know that there are other people who are obsessed about lighting! It's very hard to avoid strong lighting at some places. The only thing I can do is avoid looking into the mirror at places with such lighting so that I won't feel bad about myself!

I live in a city where its overcast and dreary often. Yay. I really hate really bright fluorescent lightning. Its my enemy. When at friends I've always subtly suggested to friends that we should turn off some of the lights. I also hate standing too close to people. I was talking to a teacher in the hallway and she was standing sooooooooooooo close I backed up. I kept backing up and she kept stepping closer again. I just kept thinking "WTF LADY? SERIOUSLY?". It was so awkward.

Lol, I always play with window blindes, trying to make it darker, because when it's too sunny and bright in the room, I just avoid looking in the mirror. Even if I am clear. Stupid habit.

I live in a city where its overcast and dreary often. Yay. I really hate really bright fluorescent lightning. Its my enemy. When at friends I've always subtly suggested to friends that we should turn off some of the lights. I also hate standing too close to people. I was talking to a teacher in the hallway and she was standing sooooooooooooo close I backed up. I kept backing up and she kept stepping closer again. I just kept thinking "WTF LADY? SERIOUSLY?". It was so awkward.

omg, its so great to know that there are other people who are obsessed about lighting! It's very hard to avoid strong lighting at some places. The only thing I can do is avoid looking into the mirror at places with such lighting so that I won't feel bad about myself!

Aliah your hot as hell, I find morning indirect but bright sunlight to be the most revealing. The wangod calls it the light of truth.

Guest pokemonster

i HATE day lightning.

it burns my eyes, no shit. and even more what i recently discovered that i developed, my sight has even gotten blurry outdoors and i barely see letters and details in distance of several meters..uuhm..somehow i see just fine at night?? huh.png

lolol obviously im not even talking about skin, ppl probably think its time for zombie apocalypse already when see me, oh wellllll..but anyway screw lightning, i will not go out!!

Yes and no. Well, I had a bathroom with straight flourescent light that I dont go into. My bathrooms light is so straight down and bright, that when I wash my face ,i only turn the shower light on. Dont get me wrong I just have light mild acne, which at worst gets to moderate. But still. And direct sunlight, I hated too. I dont care too much about it as I used to (heck I dont care to much about acne as I used to) but it still annyos me when you walk by a shop window and your pimples look like BAM BING BANG BOOM.The mirrors I look into are the ones around the house in dim lighting or the one in my room. The one in my room is just this giant peice of square glass that I can move anywhere I want for the perfectl gihting ( I found this big thing in ym garage and im look ooo coool mirror!) I keep it on my desk, where the dim lights of my room hit but the sunlight streams into it too. I think, although daylight hits it alot, its rather flattering. :) I dont know, IM just weird.

I just came on here because of the way I saw my skin with light going over it from an angle. It's crazy! When light makes my skin/scar stand out I go nuts! It's not even normal light. It's the sharpest angle that would make any flaw stand out. sigh...