Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mcfly77

What Is My Acne? I Can't Identify What It Is And What I Should Use To Treat It

Nor can I really fine the cause of it all. I work in the hospitality area and constantly confronted with guests. I'm doing everything in my power and knowledge to try and treat my acne so I'm not so self conscious about my appearance all the time. I'm 20, I've suffered with acne since I was 18 but never found a cure for it for the past 2 years. I've had clear skin till 18 and it just erupted on my cheeks and jawline. Hardly ever on my neck forehead or chin. As for my body, nothing no acne. I've tried Proactiv (dries out my skin, flakes, face turns red when applied) clearasil (same affects as proactiv), dermatologist prescribed washed and creams, anti biotics, neutrogena, Tret. .1% cream form (dries out my skin), natural home remedies (toothpaste, lime/lemon juice worked once, eating healthy, fruits and veggies, drinking water, washing my face 2 times a day, did I mention drinking water? lots of it.) I spent too much money trying to stop this and I'm at a halt. I've also taking zinc to balance hormones and that didn't work. Please help identify my acne and maybe I could use other resources to settle it, if you were some what in my shoes please guide me here's what they look like.

post-160038-0-76011800-1318532872_thumb.

post-160038-0-02962700-1318532878_thumb.

post-160038-0-07776500-1318532882_thumb.

post-160038-0-76011800-1318532872_thumb.

post-160038-0-02962700-1318532878_thumb.

post-160038-0-07776500-1318532882_thumb.

It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures, are they raised bumps? Red or pink? Scabs or scars? Do they hurt when you touch them? And any other descriptions you can think of. Give some specifics and we will all do our best to help you out...

It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures, are they raised bumps? Red or pink? Scabs or scars? Do they hurt when you touch them? And any other descriptions you can think of. Give some specifics and we will all do our best to help you out...

I apologize for the quality of the picture. Raised bumps, more red than pink. one of them has a scab. Scars are there aswell but I'm less worried about the scars than the actual pimple. They do hurt when i touch them however I hate to touch them. They have pink bump then red when the white head is out

Oh no it's fine, I just want to help you if I can so specifics are good... Using http://www.acne.org/whatisacne.html as a reference it looks / sounds like you have pustules (see #2 - Inflammatory Acne, the picture on the right). It's very good that you hate to touch them - touching any kind of acne is bad for it. So we've got it identified.

Now I've never had pustules so I'm not sure about any more specifics but hopefully someone with that kind of acne finds this thread.