Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sypherr

So I Had This Whitehead....

A few days ago i had this large white head that i could have popped but decided not too (smarter choice). So I spot treated it, and the head turned almost a yellow colour, and looked like it was getting dryed up/ possibly scabbing?.

This morning when i got out of the shower, i noticed the scab was barely hanging on, so pulled it off. Underneath was a small spot containing the white stuff(way smaller than before), which i was able to clean with a tissue. I then proceeded to ice it, and apply aloe vera.

Does it sound like i did the right thing? Should i have left the scab almost hanging there? I've heard mixed opinions about icing too. Some people say that it is good and bad.

I think you did the right thing. I have had similar experiences - it "peeling" off and there being a smaller one underneath. Personally I've never tried icing it but I think the aloe was a good move! But I think you did the right thing picking the scab off since it was already hanging just by a thread. Good move.

Guest Timehealsall

did you use 100 percent natural aloe vera?

This happens to every whitehead I get! I was actually just about to post a new topic asking if it was normal or not, haha. I always do exactly what you do... pull off the scab, and then gently squeeze the (much smaller) white spot out. Except now, instead of waiting for the scab to fall off on its own, I've started just peeling them off 2-3 days after they appear. The longer they stay there, the the bigger/harder the scabs seem to get... and I've found the zit goes away faster if I just remove it after its done its job, instead of just letting it sit there.

Interested for others' opinions!