Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janice66

Just Got A Nasty Message About My Acne

I just got an anonymous message on tumblr that said "omg yeah life does suck 4 u cus you have spots and you're lyke red as a tomoato gawdd. get some clearasil."

omg I honestly feel so shit, I feel like this will never go away

Edited by 95tomwest

don't let it get to you. nobody is perfect.

anyone one who makes fun of other people are just insecure about themselves.

Best advice I can give to you is really try some of the remedies on here. Cetaphil, raw honey masks, the list is endless.

I once had severe acne and it will go away. You must be persistent. Switching up your routine and using a cocktail of remedies is the best way to go (obviously if something is irritating you or making it worse, discontinue). Sometimes the face gets accustomed to the same treatment and you have to switch it up.

Also do not pick or pop your acne because even after the acne is gone if you pick/pop you will scar and that is a much harder battle to overcome, trust me. And if scars do appear (they may not) start as soon as possible to treat them, will make it much easier.

Cheer up smile.png

also... look up on how tomatoes can be beneficial to the skin to turn it around on them. Tomatoes contain a lot of vitamins and other good stuff for the skin. I usually blend a tomato and then apply it to my face for about 10 minutes... Im not positive if this is good for current acne,but it may be.

Edited by 6sobczaa

Skin issues on the outside will pass with time and patience (even though I know it's hard now), but being so ugly on the inside as treat someone like this lasts forever... Keep your chin up this too shall pass!

I know it's hard but RISE ABOVE IT. That person is a coward and a troll. You're so much better than them. I'd rather have cystic acne than a personality like that.

Also I'm guessing that person was pretty young.. preteen or teen. You should learn and know right now that teens are really stupid when it comes to judging other people. They do it all the time. Speaking as a current teen and former victim of judgmental teens (I'm 19 now, hey that's still a teen), like 99% of teenagers are insecure and therefore judge others for what they look like.

Pretty much anything mean any teenager says to any other teenager, disregard. And if they aren't young then they are just immature and trolling about. Gah! I hate trolls!

That's super annoying, but that comment really reflects more on the person who wrote it than you. I mean, can you imagine ever writing something like that to someone? That person must be either completely clueless or pathetically petty.

k right now i really want to fly halfway across the planet and go throw stuff at that jerk. hah.

but if you think about it, maybe the person didnt mean it and was testing you to see your reaction???

either way, just act like they didnt hurt you

Probably some teenager who has some problems with the way they see themselves and life in general, do your best not to take it to heart. I think with the internet, anonymous remarks & attacks add more weight to what's being said, especially if it's negative. Back in high school, I had a small handful of insults made towards me about my skin, but they didn't really bother me because they were from people who didn't matter to me.

As for the acne itself, you're in the best place you could be to try and find treatments, all kinds you could give a go :) Good luck, and stay strong!

You can judge a person by they way they talk; the way they write in this circumstance. Most likely a heartless douchebag who obviously doesn't understand the psychological pain of having acne. Don't let that bastard get to you, because worrying will only do you no good because it causes stress which makes more acne...=(

I've been in those situations bro, where people just stare at that nasty cysts and then some asshole will tell you a way to get rid of them like washing your face more frequently.

Hi,

I was having a particular crappy day with my acne and I was online googling it (bad habit) and I came across this and made an account so I could reply. I know how bad it feels when people make comments and they can't empathise, or when you just know someone's looking at your face but not your eyes. In situations likes these it's easy and tempting to be bitter, but these are the facts:

• Dealing with acne is hard, and it's brave of you, and requires more courage than people realise. It's easy to feel self-conscious, but putting yourself out there shows bravery and self belief - cowardice and spiteful comments to a stranger does not.

• No one can choose the way they look, but people can choose the sort of person they want to be. The way someone acts speaks volumes about them but the way someone looks isn't really in their hands

• No matter what you look like, the truth is that this person has exhibited an ugly personality, and you haven't. Acne is hard to control, and arguably harder to deal with, so no matter what EITHER of you look like, what that person chose to say speaks infinitely more about them than anything they say about you.

• Yeah, it can be nice to look good, but it really isn't much compared to making the decisions to be a kind and understanding person, and dealing with things in a mature way.

This'll sound really pretentious, but it was once said "I can lose weight, but you will always be ugly" The same applies here; acne'll come and go, and it wasn't your decision, but trawling the internet with the purpose of saying cruel things about others' appearaces was that person's own decision.

Good luck.