Notifications
Clear all

Nicazel

MemberMember
(@kingbrian)

Posted : 10/13/2011 5:33 am

Has anyone tried this prescription supplement for their acne and did it help? This medicine composes of nicotinamide, azelaic acid, copper, zinc, pyridoxine, and foldic acid. It is supposedly known for its effectiveness in getting rid of acne because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-comedonal properties.

MemberMember
(@wheathins)

Posted : 10/18/2011 11:38 am

Has anyone tried this prescription supplement for their acne and did it help? This medicine composes of nicotinamide, azelaic acid, copper, zinc, pyridoxine, and foldic acid. It is supposedly known for its effectiveness in getting rid of acne because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-comedonal properties.

Hi - I took 1 Nicazel a day for about 3 months and I didn't notice any difference. My derm said that it may be because I should've taken 2 pills a day but, I really felt that it was ineffective. It doesn't hurt to try it if your insurance covers the cost b/c it's just vitamins anyway.

MemberMember
(@hey-lovee)

Posted : 01/17/2012 10:09 pm

I was put on Nicazel over this past summer as a last resort before trying accutane :/ I was put on 1 pill twice a day...acne got a tiny bit worse at first and after the 2nd month I was completely cleared it was like a miracle. The only thing was that 6 months after that i lost my health insurance so had to go off nicazel for a month ( which caused my skin to go back to horrible break outs daily!) and when I was finally able to go back on it my skin became worse than ever getting cystic acne soooo bad. So after a month of breaking out worse than ever before I made the decision to go off nicazel and now my acne is still bad and on an a doxycycline antibiotic that is making my skin worse once again. Bottom line: Nicazel was a miracle for me if you go on it and it works for you which I can almost garuntee it will..do not stop taking it cold turkey like I did now im suffering :( Im going to try and go back on it starting at 1 pill a day hoping the initial break out will be better than before and completely clear me and even change the texture of my skin as it did before(skin was soooo healthy feeling and looking no dryness or redness!) GOOD LUCK and PLEASE try Nicazel! Please message me with any questions will be soo happy to help you guys out thanks!

Btw was not on accutane while taking Nicazel and have never been on accutane...my doctor prescribed me Nicazel specifically to avoid having to take accutane dont know why i wasnt put on it in the first place geeseee! lol the azelaic acid in this vitamin is what does the trick...topical azelaic acid was the only topical I have ever used that actually gave me some results and now using it in supplement form worked 100000X better

MemberMember
(@pjr)

Posted : 09/03/2013 5:19 pm

I have tried it and it worked wonders for me. Finally clear skin at 46 years old! Inflammatory acne is embarassing.

That said, the price is outrageous. I'm buying Niacinamide (Same thing as Nicotinamide), Folic Acid, and Zinc from Puritan Pride. WAY less expensive, but you're taking more pills in a day. Anyway, the Nicazel pricing is through the roof and not covered by insurance.

I'm willing to pay a reasonable price if the folks at Elorac will bring the price down. I can run for almost a year on $200 worth of Puritan Pride supplements.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 09/03/2013 9:53 pm

OMG wow i took this a yr ago! no one heard of it either then! It didnt do much for me.... oh well

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/04/2013 11:24 am

Is it oral? That mix would be a great topical. Or at least much of it would be. Don't know that the last 2 B vitamins are absorbable through the skin.

MemberMember
(@specioushope)

Posted : 10/13/2013 12:41 am

It's an oral vitamin supplement. Basically just megadosing on vitamin b3. It really cleared up my skin but my insurance stopped covering Nicotinamide, Nicazel, Nicomide and etc. It's super pricey on it's own. I just went to Target and bought the Super Vitamin B3 complex supplements. However the dosage of the vitamins is a fraction of the prescription ones so it's not as effective. I'm looking into purchasing 500 mg of Niacinamide tablets non flush from GNC but I'm still researching which brand to purchase.

MemberMember
(@alwaysio)

Posted : 12/18/2013 10:18 pm

I have tried it and it worked wonders for me. Finally clear skin at 46 years old! Inflammatory acne is embarassing.

That said, the price is outrageous. I'm buying Niacinamide (Same thing as Nicotinamide), Folic Acid, and Zinc from Puritan Pride. WAY less expensive, but you're taking more pills in a day. Anyway, the Nicazel pricing is through the roof and not covered by insurance.

I'm willing to pay a reasonable price if the folks at Elorac will bring the price down. I can run for almost a year on $200 worth of Puritan Pride supplements.

PJR - how have the supplements worked for you? Nicazel has worked wonders for me but my insurance just stopped covering it so I went to the vitamin shoppe today and purchased Niacinamide. Just wondering how your results are.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/19/2013 8:39 am

Edit.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 12/20/2013 2:03 pm

It's an oral vitamin supplement. Basically just megadosing on vitamin b3. It really cleared up my skin but my insurance stopped covering Nicotinamide, Nicazel, Nicomide and etc. It's super pricey on it's own. I just went to Target and bought the Super Vitamin B3 complex supplements. However the dosage of the vitamins is a fraction of the prescription ones so it's not as effective. I'm looking into purchasing 500 mg of Niacinamide tablets non flush from GNC but I'm still researching which brand to purchase.

can u specify more what exactly this thing contains? is it just loads and loads of vitamin b3?

cant u just take loads of vitamin b3 suppelments? or cant u just consume alot of a food that contains loads of vitamin b3?

im just so desperate that ill give almost anything a try. even though i know it wont do shit, like loads of other supplements and foods didnt.

MemberMember
(@specioushope)

Posted : 01/14/2014 4:40 pm

can u specify more what exactly this thing contains? is it just loads and loads of vitamin b3?

cant u just take loads of vitamin b3 suppelments? or cant u just consume alot of a food that contains loads of vitamin b3?

im just so desperate that ill give almost anything a try. even though i know it wont do shit, like loads of other supplements and foods didnt.

Hi, I basically just limited my diet and started taking fish oil pills. I'm pretty strict with what I eat and I was doing the green smoothie route.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 01/14/2014 6:03 pm

Hi, I basically just limited my diet and started taking fish oil pills. I'm pretty strict with what I eat and I was doing the green smoothie route.

ive already tried taking high quality cod liver oil for over 6 month and it pretty much didnt do shit.

so i guess this thing isnt gonna do anything?

what is the smoothie route?

MemberMember
(@katerinap)

Posted : 01/20/2014 3:15 pm

I found this blog because my derm just gave me NicAzel today. I have Ulcerative Colitis, since starting my medication for it my acne has gotten out of control. I can't quit my medication for my UC but I also have to be very careful about what I take bc my body is really sensitive to a lot of things. Also many oral meds and birth control are not an option for me. Since I have been dealing with this issue a while I can suggest that you try out these pills called ClearZine. They are sold on amazon for like $34 or something close to that. You get two bottles for that price and supposedly you get 60 days to try them out if they don't work you get your money back. I could only take them for about three days before they made me feel sick...because of my UC. I think I am going to try opening the pills and dumping the powder into my drinks. Lol. I just started taking women's chewable vitamins by Vitafusion, and B complex vitamins by Vitafusion they have been helping my skin out as well. Also I would try the face wash panoxyl 4% or if your skin can take it, 10% (this one is usually too harsh for people). The wash is around $12 and a good moisturizer to use would be Simple light or rich moisturizer. So far this has been working great for me. Also if you have a dermatologist try to get samples or prescription for Retin-A if you haven't already tried it. This combo has worked for me and I have been on this routine for almost a month, I am currently in week four and my skin looks way better than it did before. I have tried a shit load of over the counter products, Clindamycin 1% solution, Differin 0.3%, Tazorac 0.1%, Tazorac 0.05% (gel and cream in both), Clindamycin/Benzoyl Peroxide (had an allergic reaction to this). My routine: AM: Wash with purpose cleanser, apply simple moisturizer, apply makeup. PM: Use Simple cleansing wipes, wash with Purpose to get any leftover makeup off, wash with Panoxyl 4%, apply simple moisturizer. Before I go to bed I apply a pea sized amount of Retin-A 0.1%. Hope these recommendations or my routine helps in anyway. Any questions just let me know. I have tried loads of stuff for my skin before this so I have used a good amount of products.