Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ski8585884

Do You Stop Getting Acne Where Your Facial Hair Grows?

Before I did my regiment of accutane, I really had little of anything outside of my upper lip and some fuzz on my chin. Its been 9 months since and my facial hair erupted at my sideburns and along my jaw. Ive gotten some mild acne since stopping accutane, and it always develops on the hairless parts of my face. Even before, it was only really bad along my jaw where I had no hair and my forehead and left cheek.

some still have acne underneath their facial hair, which is very risky when shaving, there is a tendency that you accidentally cut the acne.

I have tried growing a beard, of sorts, a few times and found that my skin did seem to calm down a lot once the growth got to a certain stage. Plus anything which did come out was masked by the hair which was a bonus. My problem is that I can't really grow a beard very well and it looks silly after a few weeks. Don't think I'm manly enough! :lol: Shaving it off always made me break out around those areas specifically. I think it's when the skin notices the change or any extra natural oils are sent to that area in order to help any irritation shaving might have cause, it does seem to cause breakouts. I try and shave as little as I can, but also take care of it so that the skin doesn't freak out afterwards. It's a bit of a balancing act really.

Yes, but I despise the way I look with facial hair. I like the clean shaven look. Obviously, on the days when a razor bump appears, I prefer to have facial hair to cover the blemish.