Notifications
Clear all

Good Source Of Calories - Macadamia Nuts

MemberMember
(@vapor1)

Posted : 10/12/2011 8:27 pm

Acne diets are generally hard to get enough calories just from fruits, veggies, and fish, while most nuts have too much omega 6. I just discovered macadamias, which contain less than 2g of o6 per cup while also providing 900 calories (almost half daily requirement) and quite a bit of protein as well as other vitamins/minerals. I am going to start eating these more. Also, it's good to get dry roasted instead of oil roasted

MemberMember
(@moonbase)

Posted : 10/13/2011 2:00 am

They are the best of all nuts.. but.. still nuts.

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 10/13/2011 11:02 am

walnuts and pecans seem to have the highest antioxidant potential, when measured scientifically. walnuts measured the highest while pecans were second.

walnuts are relatively high in melatonin, which is among the most powerful natural antioxidants produced by your body.

im not trying to make macadamias look bad here, just dont want these potential superstars to go un-noticed.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/23/2011 6:34 am

what do you mean by "but still nuts?"

I thought most nuts are okay for acne?

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 12/24/2011 10:41 pm

what do you mean by "but still nuts?"

I thought most nuts are okay for acne?

Nuts and seeds have been deemed "problematic" for digestion by many on this forum. I imagine there's truth in it, what with little hard things moving through/scratching your insides but I don't think there's any problem with eating them as a snack every so often. And yeah, they're high in omega-6's and it's the 3's everyone needs more of.

MemberMember
(@spectacled_owl)

Posted : 12/25/2011 12:44 am

Macadamias: the only nut which i could eat my own weight in one sitting. And maca butter? Its a good thing macas are expensive otherwise I'd probably fall in a jar and never come out.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/01/2013 1:33 pm

bump. Can anyone here get away with eating half a cup of macas a day?