Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cervantes86

Does Anyone Here Use Tea Tree Oil?

My boyfriend puts it on everything, it can be used on skin, just check the strength and dilute it with water. I happen to thoroughly enjoy the smell, it's strong but very mind-clearing and "clean" smelling to me.

the smell makes me want to vomit

i love the smell. i've used it to treat a toenail fungus successfully. i've seen it suggested to use in a mixture for the oil cleanse method on this forum before.

It's a good spot treatment, even at 100% strength, if you just put a bit on the end of a Q-tip and then apply it gently on problem spots/ zita. ONLY a couple drops are needed on the Q-tip.

excl.pngUse very sparingly, give your skin breaks from it every 2 days or so, and be sure to pinpoint it right on the zit. Putting it on healthy skin can eventually cause irritation and new zits I've found.

But if just touched gently on a zit, it dries it out and kills it overnight or within a couple days. smile.png

Edited by andrewharv

Back in the day, I tried it topically for my semi-sensitive skin and it seemed to make things worse, so I stopped. I do mix it with my shampoo occasionally in the colder months when my scalp becomes a little dry and itchy, but other than that, I don't use it.

I know it's worked for some people, but I'd dilute it first to make sure you can tolerate it. If you can, you may be able to try using less diluted solutions.

The best solution to acne, I have found, is focusing on internal healthy solutions as opposed to external treatment of symptoms.

I've used it for the past month or so nightly with very few results. Acne was reduced though not very noticably. The smell takes a while to get used to but you'll learn to love it. Try to make sure it doesen't go close to your eye, it hurts like a sonavabitch! I tried straight and diluted.

ok so basically, its best as a spot treatment...sigh...

ONLY use it as a spot treatment. My God, do NOT spread it all over your face or I can't even imagine the dryness/irritation that would result.

I suggest you try it first before diluting it... I always read posts about people diluting it because they think that their skin can't take it. I used the thing on my face and my skin isn't irritated at all. I just put some on my finger then rub it on whatever need to be put on.

Dilute with water - don't buy prediluted stuff because it's generally a waste of your money since it's not hard to dilute it yourself. See naturaldoctor's post above for ratio ^

I never understood why people are so adamant about diluting tea tree oil before using it. I use it 100% strength all over my face - not every day, but regularly enough. The first day or two my chin was a tiny bit dried out, but nothing crazy. Now I can use it 100% strength all over with no dryness. However, I think it probably works best just as a spot treatment at 100% strength. But sometimes I just rub a drop or two all over my mouth/jawline area because that's what breaks out the most, and it tends to calm things down. I really like the stuff :) Also, I actually enjoy the smell of it...

you can add a few drops to your face cleaner or use it as a spot treatment, it never did irritate my skin at full strength, but the smell is a little strong