Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lovethelove

How Would You Feel With This Acne...

I'm a 21 year old female and I still have acne! sick.gif

I tell my family how bad having excessive zits makes me feel, and they all say that I'm making too big of a deal out of it, but I disagree.

I would like to know what all of you think of my skin... would you feel the need to wear foundation if you were me? Is my skin moderate or severe?

Lastly, if you have any golden tips for getting acne under control, lay 'um on me!

Thanks!

post-158970-0-17323600-1318461397_thumb.

post-158970-0-90337800-1318461400_thumb.

post-158970-0-17323600-1318461397_thumb.

post-158970-0-90337800-1318461400_thumb.

it looks farily moderate, do you use anything to keep it under control now?

I eat really super healthfully, take minocycline, and use benzyol peroxide cream at night

I also use moisturizer in the evening and sunscreen moisturizer in the morning

You have pretty minor acne. Nothing major. I have moderate acne. It's not fun.

My tips for helping your acne would be use nothing but water (for your face; wash twice a day, when you wake up and when your about to go to sleep) and drink water (8 glasses a day). That's all I do. I tried SO many topicals, creams, etc. and I don't think they did anything for me. I've noticed that doing nothing and simply using water is more beneficial than using all those creams and topicals (and pills).

I'm sorry to hear your family is belittling your concerns with your skin. I know how frustrating that can be. If I were you, I would want to wear foundation as well.. and I do! I can't imagine going out without it. It's sad.. but that's my life. I imagine your skin looks quite nice with makeup on.

I agree with Kody, less is more. I've had the most success from washing my face with cool water morning and night. Sounds crazy, I know.

it looks farily moderate, do you use anything to keep it under control now?

I eat really super healthfully, take minocycline, and use benzyol peroxide cream at night

I also use moisturizer in the evening and sunscreen moisturizer in the morning

Everyone has a different definition of healthy. So I'm just wondering what you eat most of the days.

I get what you mean about other people saying it doesn't matter, or to get over it. In today's society where beauty is everything, especially for girls, it is impossible to not let it affect you.

Best of luck.

Y'know, back in the olden days when I had near-perfect skin, I would've flipped out if my skin broke out that way. Now, I would be really HAPPY if my skin looked that clear (and probably taking it as a sign that the accutane is, hurrah, working!)... so the feeling really is relative. *laughs* Everybody deals with acne differently - I don't know if you meant to ask about our feelings on your acne as a point of comparison, but I personally think that it doesn't really matter how we'd feel in your shoes because we're not you and your feelings (whatever they are) on your acne should seem perfectly valid.

As for what I would do to treat your acne... I don't know, it really depends. Did you just get a random breakout? Can you identify a pattern *with* your random breakout? Do they come at a certain time of the month, for example? For now, all I can give is really generic advice: eat a healthy (read: BLAND) diet, get plenty of sleep, drink plenty of water, and try to keep your spirits up. All this shall pass.

The leftmost picture is fairly similar to how my acne is right now (used to be much worse). I think it's fine! Personally, I dislike foundation A LOT, though I would put some on under certain circumstances (I don't wear any make-up at all). Your acne, however, would definitely NOT give me the urge to use any. As for treatments... I need to find some myself, so apologies for not being able to help in that department!

Love

It appears that you still have some redness and moderate acne.

I would ask your dermotologist to prescribe you some Differein cream. Differin helps clear your pores and preventing blockages. You would put it on after you wash your face and before you go to bed.

-jjn

Have you tried birth control? Your acne is not severe, but judging by where it is (on your chin and near your mouth), it looks like it could be hormonal. You could get your hormones tested.

Girl, your acne is fine! I would get a prescription of oral antibiotics from your derm and see if that helps. I hope you don't have to get any cystic acne ever. It sucks!

Mines similar to yours, but im a male so obviously the make up aint an option for me.

Im not gona lie it is depressing as hell, I know there are people here with much worse problems than you or I, but I cant hide the fact it gets me down. When I see acne on other people it doesnt really bother me, but when its on me I cant bare it. So I know exactly how you feel.

Try not to worry about it, your parents are right, mine say the same. The hardest part is accepting they are right and getting on with your life.

Drink alot of water and eat alot of fruit, try your hardest to not touch it in any way for as long as possible, always helps me.

It's mild acne... not that bad. NEVER PICK OR POP! See a dermatologist. Eat healthy foods and take vitamins. Stay out of the sun. You should be okay if you do these things.

ur family thinks ur making a big deal out of it? oh well, people fret over one tiny pimple on their face. what they do if they get acne? boy would you imagine. lol people talking about they dont care if they see acne on others. who would? you be thinking wow am i lucky it is not on me. hypocrites are hypocrites.

If you're taking minocycline and BP - how long for and have these made an improvement?

You still have acne and so these might not be working too well- request to see a dermatologist and try alternative treatments.

As others have suggested, diet, changing your washing routine can help of course, but sounds like you've had it for a while. Im 24 and tried alot- ive started roaccutane - finally- and wish id done it along time ago.