Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dee.s198

Glycolic Acid Success?

Has anyone had any success with Glycolic acid for acne? I am using the glytone wash right now and have been for a little over a week. Its made me breakout so badly. Anyone experience an initial breakout? I have small bumps in places I've never gotten acne before and I think it gave me a cyst, im not sure though because ive never had one before, but its unlike any pimple ive ever had. should i stop? PLEASE Help! sad.png

Glycolic acid is AHA right? I'm pretty sure it is...

It's not really a strong "acne fighter" by itself but in combination with other treatments seems to work well. I use mine with the Regimen sold by this website and its wonderful!

Purging is completely normal when acne is trying to clear though. I had never had cystic acne until I purged either - and it went away after that.

Great, Thanks so much! I actually just started the regimen too, so maybe ill reincorporate the aha once my skin gets used to the regimen.

cocobo , would you know what happens if you use AHA+ with out using the regimen?

Well it might fight acne but only if your acne is so incredibly mild that you probably shouldn't be worried about it anyway.. It's main job is to exfoliate your skin, it just happens to also work nicely in fighting acne when used in conjunction with BP.

cocobo , would you know what happens if you use AHA+ with out using the regimen?

Well it might fight acne but only if your acne is so incredibly mild that you probably shouldn't be worried about it anyway.. It's main job is to exfoliate your skin, it just happens to also work nicely in fighting acne when used in conjunction with BP.

well i have a few pimples and alot of marks but im worried about the purge people been saying when using aha all over so i was planning on spot treating small spots on my face.... i use dans bp as a spot treatment do you think its a good idea to put dan's bp wait 15 mins then apply aha? thank you so much for your help btw