Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
restrictions

It's My Go Now :)

Hello. I'm from the U.K and 18 years of age. I have moderate, persistent acne and should be starting isotretinoin very soon. I've had my blood drawn (wow, I hated it!) but i'm not sure on my dosage yet. But I'm very nervous about everything. What if my blood's not right? etc loll i really do worry! Anyways, I'll keep this updated as much as I can!

I'll add I already have pretty dry lips most of the time, however they're not usually much of a problem and my skin not too oily either, it quite dry infact and I think not many people go on tane with dry skin. It literally drinks up moisturiser. Nervous! Anyways, my skins not too bad atm, the acne's the best it's been in a while but PIH is awful. I keep worrying that for some reason I still won't get accutane- my bloods not right or my derm changes his mind, meh I want to start now!

Sorry, there were way too many typos in my last post!

Hey! Good luck with accutane!! I start next week. Ya'll in the UK are so lucky you don't have to go through the amount of red tape we do to get this drug in the US. I've had to wait two months!! I'll be following your log:)

Thanks @collegelaura, i'll watch yours too smile.png

I've still not heard from my derm with my results so i can't start, but i should do next week when i hope i'll be able to pick up my prescription.

I'd like to talk about how acne has affected me. Well i've had it for 6 years, and it didn't affect me too much at first, but now i seriously lack confidence, i'm very insecure. I just feel constantly unattractive and it's awful being so self conscious. I used to be pretty when I was young, and I feel without the acne I could be okay, but the acne has really taken the toll on me. ATM, i don't really have many actives, only a couple, none of them big but loads of pih and indented scarring. Although the scarrings not too deep, it's really clear. I just want this nightmare to be over, i've tried everything more or less. Now i'm in uni i want to concentrate on getting my degree, enjoying myself and getting stuck into things, i don't want this to hold me back as much as it is anymore.

Edited by restrictions

I have just started my Accutane course and I wish you the best of luck with yours! I know exactly how you feel with the lack of confidence that acne gives you. You'll be on your way to clear skin in no time!

DAY 2

oki doke, it's 50mg/day for me. Obviously i've not really felt any difference really. My lips are dry but they're always dry. So they'll just get worse. I'm excitedddddd and nervous and scared!!!

DAY 4

My forehead is quite broken out, but the rest of my face is alright. I had an awful headache yesterday-related to accutane? I don't know, it may be due the long, hard days i've had last week. At least it's weekend :)

I'm feeling a little low today, so i've decided to post a song, the song of the day :P No other side effects as yet.

I didn't know you could post videos on here :o I might copy you :-p And that guy has a really great voice..

Anyway good luck to you! Acne is holding me back a lot as well and i'm letting it interfere with more and more things..

Day 6

Oki doke, lips are now superdry and skin is also dry. Maxing out on the carmex/vaseline/nivea! i've had a couple of spots, but nothing major, wouldn't say IB has started yet, but it must be close. I've had very vivd dreams the last few days and been extra tired. Is it accutane related? IDK. I mean there were killer rabbits on my train, on which i was sitting with lots of celebrities, haha strange. @dreamer003, haha go for it, I had no idea the video would embed itself..it just did!

anyways, song of the day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG7ltZ4dg2A

Day 7

A week over, yay! Actually almost no difference to when I started,lips slightly drier aswell and skin, but only slightly. I don't have too many actives on my skin, but have A couple of big ones above my lip that are annoying and a few scattered in other places. Today was foundation shopping. Hah. Well, i'm sort of limited to NC35 MAC foundation as it's only thing that matches my skin shade, i've tried so many others and they never match as I have a yellow tint to my skin. So I got studio sculpt foundation, slight change from studio fix. I didn't want to try different brands and shades, couldn't face baring all to test shades which probably won't match. Also, I'll add i'm using bio oil, which is amazing for hyperpigmentation, just have to massage it in until it's completely rubbed in.

Sigh, foundation shopping... I love Double Wear from Estee Lauder, but they're all so pink! I have a more yellowish tint as well, so i really have to blend it in all the way to my neck to make it look slightly normal doubt.gif Although I'm not wearing foundation a lot lately..

How long have you been using bio oil? Does it really work? For some reason i don't believe it's going to make a difference :P

@dreamer003. Double wear has good reviews, but I really need a yellow tint loll or my skin somehow looks awful/grayish loll. The thing with bio oil is it's not a miracle lool but take a hyperpigmentation mark that would take about 6/7 weeks to fade on it's own, with bio oil it takes half the time or less. It's important to massage it in properly and it leaves my skins soo smooth and moistuised, suprisingly not oily! I've used it for a couple of years, and my hyperpigmentation problem would be significantly worse without it. :)

I'll add I already have pretty dry lips most of the time, however they're not usually much of a problem and my skin not too oily either, it quite dry infact and I think not many people go on tane with dry skin.

I have naturally dry skin/lips too! (My acne is of the pyoderma faciale type, so it has little to do with oily skin/bacteria/whatever.) Surprisingly, my skin is actually doing pretty well - I get dry patches here and there, but nothing an application of moisturizer in the morning (and another before I go to sleep) can't fix. My lips, on the other hand, are a complete and total mess - I drink warm water non-stop, use Burt's Bee's lip balm all the freaking time, and eat tons of fruit, and it still hurts to just move them someitmes. So I sympathize :(

@hotburrito. Yay, i'm not alone! I hope like you I see good results! How long have you been on accutane may I ask? Also, hot water for dry lips, not heard of that, how does it help? Good luck with your course.

For some reason, acne.org won't let me quote >.>

Day 8

i'm on fire the a with these updates :) My skin's peeling quite a bit. I'ts good it a bit as I know it'll help my hyperpigmentation (probably) but it's annoying. Any one know why this is happening and what to do about the flakes on my skin? :) Everything else is probably the same, i'm just constantly fearing the IB. Cheers x

Your flaking because your skin is becoming dry and thinning from the medicine which is normal because that is what accutane does. As far as the flakes on your skin, what type of moisturizer are you using? I'm not sure what's available in the U.K., but I use Cetaphil Moisturizing cream at night which has helped with any of my flaking. I noticied my skin started flaking a little bit around day 8 as well. The Cetaphil cream has kept my face flake free, along with using Cerave lotion in the morning and staying hydrated throughout the day. I know what you mean about constantly fearing the IB. I haven't had much of an IB at this point. My face hasn't really gotten worse, but the middle of my back broke out the first week which was unusual because i never have had acne there in my life! I only hope that the break out on my back was the dreaded IB, but i'm still constantly fearing more to come. Stay positive and best wishes!

@thebiglebowski thanks for that! I'm using a moisturiser by a brand called simple :) I'd swap acne on my face for my back anyday! I used to get acne on my back, until it randomly stopped which was weird, but good!

Anyways, I've not posted the song of the day yesterday or in today's update, so here it is, it's a bit cheesy, but hey. 'One day my prince will come'.

TIME TO VENT

Urgh i feel so crap. I just hate that my derm/doctors made me wait soo long for accutane. I look so crap, and everyone around me's so beautiful. Im terrified of the prospect of an IB and I just want to skip these 4 months. Everyone else, although they have acne, seem to be able to cover it up. Foundation/concealer does very little for me due to thefact i'm light asian and get dark hyperpigmentation. I hate having no confidence to talk to people. I want the old me back. Just crying and stuff, you know. Urghhhhh.

DAY 9

Okay, sorry for yesterdays outburst i was just down. The truth is, my skin has definately improved, my brutally honest little sister has even mentioned that it's improved and that the 'marks that go in are better a bit' by that she means my indented marks have improved., but there's still so much to go! I just hope it continues improving and there's no IB. I've read your more likely to have an IB if you have trunkal acne with comedones, which I have none of. My skins paler and more even too. I had another massive headache, which i think tane is responsible for which wasn't good as I had an exam. I plan on investing on fish oil tomorrow (not cod liver mind!) Anyways, i'm off to do some work, good evening!

Edited by restrictions

Hello, I'm on my second day of 20mg and all I feel so far is really thirsty and a slight headache immediately after taking it.

I love being able have a place to vent and talk with others going through the same thing so I will be following your posts to give me some motivation.

As you can see I'm starting in the dumps with my before photos. I really wish I started accutane before it got this bad. hopefully there isn't too much scarring.

Do you have any before photos?

@verica

It's an awesome site, I'm so glad it exists. I find photos really hard, and couldn't bring myself to take them at the start of my course but I hav some photos of my skin from about 1.5 months ago if that'll be any good? I can't put them on now as I'm on the train but could do later. I wish I had started before, I have some indented scarring but my derm said it's shallow and will definitely improve over time-I hope so! I've also had a couple of headaches :( best of luck with it all!!

just so everyone knows...reealgood is my old account that i lost my password on, however it was still logged into it on my phone for some reason. If you would like to see photos, have a look at the accutane log on that account which has photos, even though I started a log on the account, I never managed to get a prescription at that time, hmph. I wish I had!

Day 10

My skin's good today, but i got a strange spot on my chin. Ooh and I bought lush facial cleanser, I love lush. I hate having 2 accounts, I will sign out of the reealgood account on my phone so I don't mix them up again, I won;t beableto access thataccount again after, but yeah so just to remind you, there's photos on that account. I'm feeling really good today aswell!

DAY 11

Skins slightly worse today, couple new spots and the one on my chins bigger. Bleugh. I got my eyebrows threaded today, involving mirrors in the most unflattering of lighting. My skin didn't look as bad as it usually would under those circumstances, still it looked pretty awful. Hmph. Anyways, song of the day!

Have a good day y'all!