Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
diareads

Initial Breakouts And Jojoba Oil

Okay,

I know that jojoba oil is a lot like human sebum and its often looked at as a godly oil to clear up skin. I also know that some people experience and initial break out because it is bringing breakout from deep in the skin.

I started using jojoba oil as my most. about 4 weeks ago. I spritz water on my face and out 1-2 drops of oil on my fingers and spread it gently on my face. It absorbs and doesnt look oily. ..my face was fine for about 1-2 weeks and all of a sudden I broke out like crazy on my cheeks in small pimples, and a couple small whiteheads. They are very very small but EVERYWHERE.

Does this sound like an intial breakout? How long should I wait before its obvious that this oil will just break m eout and I should switch to something else?

ANY ADVICE IS NICE :)

--any other most. youd recommend that is natural? Aloe vera gel broke me out in terrible cysts... so anything else? Thanks :D

I started using aloe vera gel again recently...hm.

Jojoba+water are my go-to's, not so much on the jojoba though lately. I'm not sure if skin type exists. If it does then mine can't make up its mind. glare.gif

Different things work for different people. Jojoba was like poison for my skin. It always made my skin worse.

My advise is to stop focusing on external treatments and start focusing on the root cause of your acne - internal health. Work towards a healthy diet and lifestyle and clear skin often comes naturally without the need of topical treatments.

Different things work for different people. Jojoba was like poison for my skin. It always made my skin worse.

My advise is to stop focusing on external treatments and start focusing on the root cause of your acne - internal health. Work towards a healthy diet and lifestyle and clear skin often comes naturally without the need of topical treatments.

Well, my treatment is entirely involved with health and everything. I've been doing that for a year. I am just trying to figure out what to put on my skin when its dry and needs some most. I have been trying to find something to help that slight dry feeling. Right now I am using nothing, but my goal is to find something to turn to when needed.

Thanks for the advice though, any more? :)