Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arashi

Regimin For Getting Rid Of Acne And Scars

Hi, I've suffered from acne since I was in the 7th grade. It began as pimples but evolved into the point where I had bumps all over my forehead. This was around 9th grade. In 10th grade I just had enough of it and had long hair to cover it up while at the same time starting to take Rectin A. By the end of 10th grade I had noticably less acne. Now I'm in the 12th grade and I'm stuck with mild acne and tons of acne scars (5-6) around my forehead. I wouldn't of minded this if I still had long hair, but now I have short hair and am trying to get rid of all these scars before I enter college.

Here is my current Regimen

Wash face in the morning, put on spf 15 sunscreen,and lotion and at night cleanse my face with Neutragena Pink Grape Fruit cream cleanser and then put on Rectin A .025.

However, I'm going to ask my doctor for Rectin A .05 around next week and I might try out some new products

This is what I'm considering

Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask by Neutrogena in the morning and at night

Alpha Hydrox AHA Facial Treatment at night

SPF 15 Sunscreen by neutrogena in the morning

Rectin A .05 (or a stronger dose than .025) at night

No lotion as I want the peeling of my skin.

The picture's aren't that great of quality because I used a webcam

post-159917-0-58634200-1318390250.jpg

post-159917-0-87367500-1318390252.jpg

post-159917-0-58634200-1318390250.jpg

post-159917-0-87367500-1318390252.jpg

I just worry that you'll be damaging your skin by encouraging the peeling of it. Plus it won't happen all at once - so you might have kind of weird looking skin every day until the "peeling" you think is going to happen, happens.

Is your scarring from picking or just from acne itself? Because acne scars caused from picking take much longer to go away because you damaged the skin but if it's not from picking it goes away naturally within 4-6 months usually.

Guest Timehealsall

did the lesions scar even if u never picked at some?