Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everybody!

Well a little background first may help.

I started getting acne at about 15 or 16 years old, figuring it was just the phase everybody goes through. I began working at McDonald's for a part time job to start saving up for a car. I worked there for almost 3 years. I believe my time their contributed to the acne problem I have know. I believe being in that environment, of grease and oil everywhere, with the combination of me eating it led to my acne problem. At age 17, I began smoking which also probably led to my acne problems.

Long story short, I moved on from that job and are suffering the consequences today. I also quit smoking, it will be 3 months at the end of October. I'm 20 now, almost 21 and will be going to a part time police academy starting in January/February and will be graduating towards the end of next year. My goal is to be 100% clear by graduation.

I have tried everything in the book, ProActive, AcneFree, etc. Like I said before, I quit smoking, had made extreme diet changes, and began to workout and run as much as I can. I began taking Zinc, as well as fish oil supplements to combat my acne. I have been using a mild SA cleanser with CeraVe moisturizer the 3 or 4 months and have seen changes, but nothing to brag about.

I gave in and ordered the start kit from the website, and tonight will be my first night using it. This is a journey I could not wait to get started, and hopefully it show me some results in the future. I will be collecting pictures along the way.

I'm glad to be a part of this community!