Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ilovemesomevanity

How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of The Dry Skin?

hi :)

so im 3.5 months into the regimen, and i still have super tight, dry, flaky skin :P i use Dan's BP and moisturizer and ive been using his AHA+ on and off but im going to try using it every night now

if youre already past the super dryness stage, how long did the dryness last? and what did you do to get rid of it, like did you use a certain product or technique or did you just leave it alone?

thaaanks!

The "wrinkles" are due to the lack of hydration from using BP. :) If you use AHA every night, it should help to slough off the dead, dry skin which should help out. If your skin is really, really barren like the Sahara on a sunny day, you may need to have a poke around for a more hydrating moisturizer to use in place of Dan's. I'm not sure if QV is available everywhere, but that's what I was using on the regimen (and still use now on Accutane) and it was better for my skin overall than Dan's, which I used initially (as well as his other products). Cetaphil is an acceptable replacement, as well as moisturizers by Aveeno.

The AHA+ at night as a regular substitute for moisturizer completely cleared up my dry skin. Just work slowly towards it so you don't shock your skin. You may slightly break out but it's totally worth it once you're not freaking out about dry skin anymore because it's no longer there.. and I know what you mean about the "wrinkles" lol, I'm 19 and thought I was getting some on my forehead and around my mouth but ayup it was just dry skin! AHA+ knocked it right out.

thanks for the reply! ive used it for two nights in a row so far (i had been using it on and off so i think my skins pretty used to it now) and its already a lot better, hopefully in a few more days or a week the dryness will be almost gone

Be careful with some aveeno moisturizers and make sure you do not get the one with sacylic acid.

It seems, and was counter-productive.

The AHA+ at night as a regular substitute for moisturizer completely cleared up my dry skin. Just work slowly towards it so you don't shock your skin. You may slightly break out but it's totally worth it once you're not freaking out about dry skin anymore because it's no longer there.. and I know what you mean about the "wrinkles" lol, I'm 19 and thought I was getting some on my forehead and around my mouth but ayup it was just dry skin! AHA+ knocked it right out.

Hey there, so when do you apply your BP?

Do you put on BP, let it dry and then use AHA in place of moisturizer at night?

I use the BP, let it dry, then AHA+, let it dry and then a layer of cetaphil lotion with jojoba oil in the evening (I use Dan's moisturiser in the day). But I have naturally dry skin so need the added moisturiser in addition to the AHA+. A lot of people use just the AHA+ in replacement of moisturiser. You will just have to gauge what your skin needs...

Hey there, so when do you apply your BP?

Do you put on BP, let it dry and then use AHA in place of moisturizer at night?

Yeah I wash, let my face dry, put on BP, let my face dry, then put on AHA+ and let that dry before bedtime at night. It works out perfectly - and my face stays clear :D

Dry skin is not a long lasting problem, you can easily get out of it within 2-3 weeks. Use of natural products like rosewater or glycerin will help you to get over it quickly.

Dry Skin Remedies

I had been on the regimen over 6 months and the dryness was still really bad even though I was using cetaphil moisturizer, jojoba oil and AHA+ and my skin wasn't even clear, so now I only use 1 pump of Dan's bp at night, AHA+ every other night and just moisturizer in the morning. I still have a little bit of acne now but the spots are always pretty small and it doesn't bother me at all, it's miles better than it used to be.

I had been on the regimen over 6 months and the dryness was still really bad even though I was using cetaphil moisturizer, jojoba oil and AHA+ and my skin wasn't even clear, so now I only use 1 pump of Dan's bp at night, AHA+ every other night and just moisturizer in the morning. I still have a little bit of acne now but the spots are always pretty small and it doesn't bother me at all, it's miles better than it used to be.

wow i had no idea there were so many replies to this haha

yeah in the end the dryness and flakiness went away but i could never get rid of that raw/weak feeling. so i stopped the regimen since id been clear for a few months anyways and its been great! im just really oily :( but ive always been oily, and its more comfortable being oily with strong, healthy feeling skin than with weak feeling skin. and i agree with the last part, i get an occasional spot but my acne is so much better than before, so no regrets :)