Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using the powder form (McCormicks brand). It's been working great except I get headaches. I stopped using it for a couple days & I got another pimple (decent size) so I started taking it again. After a week or so the headaches returned. So I was wondering if anybody takes it in pill form, does it work like the powder, & do you get headaches?

I just bought some yesterday, what do you cook yours with? My go-to would be grains and hummus etc. but I'm avoiding most grains and hummus would only call for a sprinkle. =/ Maybe I'll add it to some sweet potato.

I've been practicing relaxation techniques which make a lot of tension in my head go away. I don't really get migraines or headaches but I feel a lot of the time that certain parts of my brain feel heavy or like they're working too hard, might just be stress. Anyway paying more attention to my breathing has been very relieving for this, I just started noticing how quickly my heart beats and taking the time to slow it down has made me feel better recently. Or you could not be drinking enough water? I hear a lot of headaches are due to dehydration. I have yet to try adding it to anything so I can't say if it gives me headaches yet.

Make a sweet potato curry. And you could use it topically. It might stain, but most people who've posted here about using topically say they haven't had a problem. Even light skin ones.

Edited by alternativista

Topically? Whoaaaa. I was looking up the health benefits of cranberries last night and read you can use those topically too. And avacados, egg whites, any other food item it sounds like. I guess I need to hear about people's experiences with using those things to try it for myself or else I feel silly.

I put Turmeric/Black Pepper on everything I eat. You need to consume alot of it a day. The active ingredient is Curcumin which is what treats Acne. I found OrganicTurmeric tablets with 95% Curcumin @ my local House of Nutrition. I will be trying that, the amount of Turmeric Powder I take is a bit bitter. A article on the web said you need to take 400-600mg 3X a day of Curcurmin compared to 8,000-60,000mg of Turmeric 3X a day to get results. I hope the pills will work as good as the powder & without headaches..

Here's the link to that Turmeric article...http://www.herballegacy.com/Alter_Dosages.html

Edited by kidego

I would personally recommend using it internally over externally because part of the reason why turmeric in particular is healthy is because of what our intestinal bacteria do with it.

I put it on some sweet potato fries I made yesterday, it stained my fingers. No way is that going on my face. What does intestinal bacteria do with the curcumin?