Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lisamissmemphis

The Pimples R Gone..but I Still Have Tons Of Red Spots On Face

chemical peels, i've done a lot of different ones and the last one i did was some type of tomato enzyme peel. it helped a lot, a good esthetician will know what i'm referring to. aloe very is also very good but will take long than the peel, hydrogen peroxide can help too but long term it's not a good idea.

That's awesome you got rid of the pimples. :) The red marks can be annoying. What I've found helpful is either a product with hydroquinone or manual exfoliation. So a product like neutrogena's or paula's choice salicyclic acid could help the skin exfoliate to get rid of the red marks faster and so could a product like proactiv's skin lightening lotion with hydroquinone and glycolic acid. If you want to get rid of them even faster, there's glycolic acid peels and tca peels. If you did nothing, they would fade on their own in time, but I know it feels like it takes forever when you're waiting.

wats zinc paste?

you can get a tube of zinc paste from a pharmacist. It's good for skin regeneration and will help with red marks and scars.

You don't need a prescription for it.

Edited by start

derm told me all those creams and lotions you see and BS and what is really helping is TIME

you see ppl post " oh i used this lotion and in 3 months my marks faded!"... what really happened is they faded with time and they wasted 20bucks on a useless product

exfoliating does help though because you are helping bring new skin to the surface... something like differin or tretinoin would help as well

Have you tried lemon juice? That helps to fade the marks but make sure you moisturize after because it dries your skin out.

Also, if you get a good tan, it helps to make them not so noticeable...