Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lisamissmemphis

My Face Looks Flaky After I Apply My Makeup?

Apply Vaseline (or any petroleum jelly based product, like the Baby Johnson's one for example) at night before you go to sleep; apply it all over your skin.

I found it really helps smoothen the skin from the dryness... but make sure you don't put it right before sleeping because then it'll come off on your pillow.

Hope this helped rolleyes.gif

I have had this problem as well and I agree with MultiColours about the vaseline at night being helpful and also wanted to add that I have found that if you still find yourself looking a little flaky and need an immediate fix, you can always dab a tiny bit of vaseline or aquaphor over the offending areas and it works really well. Personally, I would much rather look a tiny bit shiny than have flakes visible on my face : )

hi my names lisa..i apply my liquid then ym powder and around my nose and cheeks and the middle of my forhead..and arround my pimples it looks flaky..can anyone help me

What products are you using?

Do you use a sponge, brush or fingers to apply foundation? What do you use to apply your setting powder?

Are you using a primer?

What moisturizer are you using?

How soon after you've washed your face do you apply your makeup?