Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LuvMyFace

Accutane & Grooming

This post is for anyone who waxed, shaved, and got a manicure/pedicure on a regular basis prior to Accutane.

I'm only a couple of days in. Half the reason I started in the fall was because I knew that open-toe shoe and bikini season would be over...less worry about the sun and all that goes with beach wear.

In the meantime, what's been your experience with shaving legs, bikini, underarms, etc.? What about pedicures? I'm already sad I wont be able to keep my eyebrows together, but does the rest of my routine have to fall apart too?

Hello! I too am also used to shaving, waxing, getting my nails done, etc. and was concerned about this when I started on accutane. I have been taking it for only about 6 weeks but during that time I have shaved regularly (I'm a swimmer so it's bikini season year-round for me ha) and also gotten pedicures regularly with absolutely no negative side effects. Additionally, I could absolutely not stand the thought of being faced with caterpillar eyebrows in the mirror and have tried threading as an alternative to waxing and it has worked great... less painful than waxing and doesn't hurt my sensitive skin! If you can find a place near you that offers threading I definitely recommend it!

Hope this helps!

Thanks ladies! I know winter is coming, but I try to do steady maintenance year round. I've never tried threading because my eyebrows aren't very thick, they are actually quite thin and uneven, but look much better when shaped. Nair never worked too well for me, so I've been using ladies clippers/razors to get the desired results. Glad I wont have to give them up!