Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bacneblows

Seeing Success With Gold Bond Extra Strength Body Powder (Bacne)

I know there's been a Gold Bond thread or two, but I thought I'd share my current success with the product.

I am 27 and have had mild bacne for the past 7 or so, enough to make it embarrassing to show my back. No acne anywhere other than on the back of my shoulders and along my spine. I've tried BP, Salicylic Acid, AHA+, anti-bacterial soaps, Tea Tree Oil, Head and Shoulders, clean dieting, vitamins, changing sheets often, etc, but nothing would stop the painful cystic acne from popping up regularly, particularly when I am stressed. Frustrating.

I came across some discussions on Gold Bond Extra Strength and it seemed really hit or mess on results according to reports. I liked the idea of putting it on my back to keep it dry and the ingredients of it couldn't hurt either (zinc & SA). Bottom line, I'm seeing great progress on my back. GB keeps it nice and dry with no new breakouts since I started it a week ago. Existing blemishes are all drying/shrinking. I apply it about 3x a day. No ill effects from it, just don't inhale or get it near mucus glands as talc is suspected of being a carcinogen.

So, +1 for Gold Bond Extra Strength

300.jpg

P.S. Doesn't feel so bad on your gonads either.

Edited by bacneblows

So, it's been a month. My back has cleared up tremendously and the scars are healing. It's annoying/messy to use a powder all over my back every day, but eh, small price to pay. It's funny because the areas I can't reach are still afflicted. I guess I need to find a way to reach farther down my back eusa_think.gif. I will note that I am doing other things that could be helping, such as cleaning my sheets frequently, drinking lots of water, and taking GNC Megamen multi-vitamins daily. I was doing those before I started applying Gold Bond, but the combination seems to be working for me. Can't wait to have a clear back...it's been a long time.

Edited by bacneblows

Guest Timehealsall

So, it's been a month. My back has cleared up tremendously and the scars are healing. It's annoying/messy to use a powder all over my back every day, but eh, small price to pay. It's funny because the areas I can't reach are still afflicted. I guess I need to find a way to reach farther down my back eusa_think.gif. I will note that I am doing other things that could be helping, such as cleaning my sheets frequently, drinking lots of water, and taking GNC Megamen multi-vitamins daily. I was doing those before I started applying Gold Bond, but the combination seems to be working for me. Can't wait to have a clear back...it's been a long time.

hey man, im confused but how can dirty sheets affect back acne? I mean you do sleep with a shirt on right?

hey man, im confused but how can dirty sheets affect back acne? I mean you do sleep with a shirt on right?

It's a gamble, wearing clothes especially at night, you toss and turn many times which can cause unwanted irritation. Then there is the factor of dirt which can also contribute to bacteria induced acne.

Hi I really want to try this! I'm curious as to how your results are coming along so far? and also, does it get absorbed by the skin well, like will it leave a residue on clothing? (not that that will keep me from using it if it will heal my bacne x) just curious...lol) thanks!

My advice is a fresh, loose fitting cotton t shirt every night, after a shower using Panoxyl bar soap. See the "Take a lookie. This helps." thread. I use it twice a day.

I was having luck with Gold Bond also, but it's a hassle vs. Panoxyl.

If you are worried about inhaling the talc, I would recommend Powderma. It's a medicated powder just for acne that doesn't contain any talc. Although gold bond helped a little, I had moderate sometimes severe acne on my back and shoulders and Powderma worked a lot better for me than gold bond. They have a back applicator you can get too, which makes it easier to apply.

Edited by sosweet21