Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doh24

A Possible Answer For You All!

I started getting adult acne at 23 and have tried: Brenda oral contraceptive, Doxycycline, Minocycline, retin A cream, differin cream, eryacne

All worked a little bit.. but the acne continued.. all addressed the SYMPTOMS but not the cause... Also i had my hormones tested at the time required and they were normal. My adult acne was not a result of androgens..

so what the??

Then I started looking at going down the roaccutane path but i decided to do some research first and in doing so I may have found a possible answer for you.

I figured that Roaccutane is a synthetic form of vitamin A and so i had the thinking of starting to take vitamin A in vitamin form. I started searching information on vitamin A and then i came to the item : Cod liver oil

Cod liver oil has natural forms of vitamin A, E and D.. the best vitamins for your skin!

I did further research on cod liver oil and found out that it was previously proven as an acne treatment many years ago. Also on researching vitamin deficiency as a cause of acne there was suggestions that due to modern society that there are issues of vitamin D defiency in a lot of adults. I figured that i'd give cod liver oil a go..

I took a tablespoon morning and night and I want to recommend this stuff!.. you have nothing to lose, feel free to do more research yourself. I just know what it means to me to find something that works and I want to share it with you all. It started to improve my skin in 1-2 weeks. My skin is healthier and has more of a glow as well.

Best wishes, Danielle

p.s. just to add i am now 25 turning 26.. i had tried LOTS of things over 2 or so years.. this one has worked great. Please let me know how you guys go.. there is nothing to lose in giving it a try.

Good for you, Danielle! Well done on finding what works best for you. You're braver than me, taking cod liver oil by the spoonful, that stuff's gross! :D