Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmaraG

Just When You Thought It Was Safe...

For the past, say, 10 months I have been pretty satisfied with the way my skin has been going on my version of the regimen and after making dietary changes. My face is pretty clear--Id say 90% clear most of the time--I dont get regular break-outs anymore. But it still irks me when all of a sudden out of the blue I get a random spot .

I know I really shouldnt complain, but I thought I was 'cured" or "safe". this morning I wake up with a painful spot(cyst? nodule?) on my back exactly where my bra rubs my skin. I cant even see it properly but its like wtf?!

I guess what I am saying is, the worst part of acne is knowing youre never really cured, always worrying that it will come back, and when it does, it sucks.

thoughts?

I hear that...as much as I tell myself not to worry, it's always in the back of my mind that it's only a matter of time. Of course, knowing what a face full feels like, I am definitely more appreciative of 1 pimple as opposed to 20.

I have the same acne anxiety. It's always in the back of my mind. It feels like you are waiting for the worse-because that is what you expect. Power on and live life in the now. I have always been a planner. I now relish in surprises and making last minute adjustments to my schedule. You never know when you'll have this chance again. Acne or not. Life is meant to lived!

Either I'm down because my skin's broken out, or I'm anxious that it's going to. Obviously, that's not a healthy mental approach at all. Time to learn to let that one go I think. It's almost laughable that there's the potential to feel even more anxious about it when our skin gets better. The better my skin gets, the more paranoid I potentially feel that it will just come back worse. The mind really is a very strange thing. I suppose the trick is to just take your skin for what it is at the very moment and, if it's good, to enjoy and appreciate it. Should it break out at a later point, we can at least take comfort in knowing that it is possible to get it to a state we're happy with and that we also then have a pretty good idea of how to get it there. :)

update: I was told by my doctor that this lesion is unrelated to acne.(Im sick at the moment I have some cold virus, and I went to the doctor because of losing my voice. I showed her this lesion which I said "is this acne?" She said, "probably not" sometimes when we are sick with a virus/germ we get small lesions/boils because the germs are working out of your body. So after I take warm shower and put on hot towel, is gone way down and have put neosporin and band aid on it. Am glad its going away. I have been generally run down and been sick on and off . Hope to get back on track healthwise very soon.

Thanks for responses

I have the same acne anxiety. It's always in the back of my mind. It feels like you are waiting for the worse-because that is what you expect. Power on and live life in the now. I have always been a planner. I now relish in surprises and making last minute adjustments to my schedule. You never know when you'll have this chance again. Acne or not. Life is meant to lived!