Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marissa8161

Why Does It Change?

Hey, guys. I just have a question that's been bugging me for a while now... and I was wondering if anyone here knew the answer?

Why does my acne seem to dramatically change in appearance from hour to hour? Not the actual zits--those stay the same, obviously... but what about the redness/scars/unevenness? It changes all the time! Like, I can look in the mirror after watching my face and I can think, "Hey I don't look that bad!" because besides for the zits, my skin looks pretty smooth and even. But a couple hours I can look in the same mirror and I look awful: red and blotchy. What causes this seemingly random change when I've done nothing to it?!

I've already narrowed down a few things that can alter the appearance of my skin. For instance, when I'm cold, all my red/purple marks stand out VERY vibrantly. And after I exercise, I usually look really good (increased blood flow makes the skin pinker so the spots blend in a little bit? I'm not sure!) But I just don't know WHY or HOW my skin quality can seemingly change so much when I don't do anything to it...

I think youve answered your own question...a lot of it is bloodflow, and maybe lighting. I know with me when I look in MY mirror I look a lot better than in neon flourescent lighting in the stores.

Keep in mind that youre probably noticing this a lot more than other people if it makes you feel any better.

I think youve answered your own question...a lot of it is bloodflow, and maybe lighting. I know with me when I look in MY mirror I look a lot better than in neon flourescent lighting in the stores.

Keep in mind that youre probably noticing this a lot more than other people if it makes you feel any better.

Yeah, I know what you mean... I can leave the house as happy as a lark with the way my skin (covered in makeup, of course) looks... but then I glimpse myself in an unexpected and poorly lit mirror and instantly feel like crap. In the past couple months, I've noticed that I've started to walk around with my head down, staring at the ground... just so I don't accidentally look into a mirror and have to see my ugly face. At least I've figured out which bathrooms at school have "nice" mirrors and which ones have "mean" ones! I'm lucky the school system is broke and some of the bathrooms don't have lights in them...

But still, I wonder WHY my face changes so much when I haven't done anything. Like, tonight I just washed my face, went and sat on the couch for a couple hours, got up to use the bathroom (in the same bathroom with the same mirror/lights), and my face just randomly looked a lot worse than it had a couple hours earlier...

I feel your pain.

I work outside, so in the bright sunlight, blemishes and oily skin are so visible. I get very down about it sometimes, but no one ever says anything.

To my face at least. rolleyes.gif

I feel your pain.

I work outside, so in the bright sunlight, blemishes and oily skin are so visible. I get very down about it sometimes, but no one ever says anything.

To my face at least. rolleyes.gif

Hah, yeah, I know what you mean. I'm always really careful not to accidentally look at myself in one of my car's mirrors when I'm out driving around. Sunlight sucks... which is really sad, because I love being outdoors! Sometimes I feel like I'm the world's zit. Especially now, with the beautiful fall leaves and bright blue skies... I just feel like an ugly blemish on this gorgeous world!

The same thing happens to me, but my pimples seem to change in appearance so damn quickly. Ill wake up one morning, look in the mirror and feel good that a pimple I had spot treated is the same size, or smaller.Then, when i wash my face at night, I realize the spot has grown 4x in size for no reason whatsoever. So stupid....