Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Before and after pics pleaseeeeee

Sorry I wish I had some. I never thought of taking any :\

Even without pics, this is too easy to NOT try. Adding a few drops to whatever moisturizer you use. Easy peasy, can't hurt to try it.

I'm happy for you. smile.png

I'm on Cetaphil moisturizer for a while now and it doesn't break me out. All was well for a few weeks with no new acne, but the red marks stayed. So I thought: let's experiment!

A couple of weeks ago I decided to use jojoba oil and the next day I had two pimples so I stopped using it.

Two days ago I used jojoba oil again. Unfortunately, one whitehead (on my chin) and one inflamed pimple (on my cheek) popped up. Hopefully I'm unlucky and has nothing to do with the oil.

The oil I bought isn't 100% pure, so maybe the oil clogged the pores? Pure oil should be non-comedogenic, like Cetaphil moisturizer, a non-comedogenic water-based substance.

Anyway, for now I stop using jojoba oil and in the future I'll experiment again. I like the feeling of Jojoba oil on my skin.

Edited by Ham84

The oil I bought isn't 100% pure, so maybe the oil clogged the pores? Pure oil should be non-comedogenic, like Cetaphil moisturizer, a non-comedogenic water-based substance.

What Jojoba Oil did you buy? It MUST be 100% pure with nothing added to it.

Where can you get jojoba oil in your city? A supermarket, drugstore, health store...?

Whole Foods has some, but I bought mine online at Vitacost.com, Desert Essence brand.

For you lazy nuts here is the straight link to it:

http://www.vitacost....Pure-Jojoba-Oil

and also...im almost 16 and i have been having acne since i was 10...so i was wondering should i use complex 15 or cetaphil cream?

and how do i use the cetaphil cream/complex 15 with the jojoba oil?

like when and how do u use it?

Like do you just add 3 drops to your face? and do you do this every night?

thanks biggrin.png

Edited by Raiders

and also...im almost 16 and i have been having acne since i was 10...so i was wondering should i use complex 15 or cetaphil cream?

thanks biggrin.png

It's really your choice. I prefer Cetaphil because it's thicker and moisturizes better, Complex 15 BY ITSELF sucks and doesn't moisturize my skin at all and is runny. Cetaphil Cream might be too heavy for you, I don't know, everyone is different.

I just put some of the moisturizer in my hands after I'm done washing and drying my face and squirt 3 drops of the oil into the palm of my hand with the moisturizer and then use my hands and mix it all up and then apply it to my face. Every morning and night.

You can also add the Jojoba Oil straight to your face without a moisturizer but that's a little too oily for me.

thanks biggrin.png

It's really your choice. I prefer Cetaphil because it's thicker and moisturizes better, Complex 15 BY ITSELF sucks and doesn't moisturize my skin at all and is runny. Cetaphil Cream might be too heavy for you, I don't know, everyone is different.

I just put some of the moisturizer in my hands after I'm done washing and drying my face and squirt 3 drops of the oil into the palm of my hand with the moisturizer and then use my hands and mix it all up and then apply it to my face. Every morning and night.

You can also add the Jojoba Oil straight to your face without a moisturizer but that's a little too oily for me.

thankss.... i guess ill just do some more research on cetaphil cream and complex 15

btw is this the cetaphil cream u have?

http://www.amazon.com/Cetaphil-Fragrance-Moisturizing-Cream-16-Ounce/dp/B001ET76EE/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1318301501&sr=1-2

What Jojoba Oil did you buy? It MUST be 100% pure with nothing added to it.

I bought my Jojoba Oil in a health shop. I just read the ingredients and it's not pure. I like Cetaphil moisturizer lotion better than the cream, the latter one feels a bit too heavy on my skin.

Cetaphil moisturizer should be good for red marks as well, as it contains Tocopheryl Acetate, a Vitamin E variant. Vitamin E reduces skin redness and improves scars. Plus, it's non-comedogenic for sure.

thanks biggrin.png

thankss.... i guess ill just do some more research on cetaphil cream and complex 15

http://www.amazon.co...18301501&sr=1-2

Yep! But beware, it's really heavy, and using too much makes you look oily, but on my really dry skin it feels nice and soothing and moisturizes well. Maybe try Cetaphil LOTION? I've never tried it before so I dunno how good it is.

thanks biggrin.png

http://www.amazon.co...18301501&sr=1-2

Yep! But beware, it's really heavy, and using too much makes you look oily, but on my really dry skin it feels nice and soothing and moisturizes well. Maybe try Cetaphil LOTION? I've never tried it before so I dunno how good it is.

k thanks(: so much(:

I've used this stuff on my face for years as a moisturizer. I still have a ton of red marks after using it for about 3 years. Maybe in 6 more years my red marks will go away lol