Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sprintz

Dry Skin After Washing

Hey guys,

I've been a long-time regimen user, currently doing a large amount of BP at night and little during the day (to prevent redness at work). Anyway, I've noticed that my skin is tight and a bit flaky after washing no matter what/how I do it.

I've tried washing gently or for only a few seconds as Dan recommends, washing a bit more 'massage -like' for longer as others recommend, etc. and always the same result. I was wondering whether the flakes and dryness are a result of the washing (like irritation or something) or a result of not washing enough (left-over flakes from the day or night), as well as any solutions you guys might have?

Currently using cetaphil gentle skin cleanser for the record.

Usually skin dries when we apply soap or apply water on our skin...SO what should we do is apply moisturizer after washing...Use home remedies to wash face...

When I had that problem it was product residue.. AHA+ at night got rid of that for me. It exfoliated the skin and any product left off, except for the AHA+ of course, and in the morning any residue it leaves washes off really easily. So think about investing in the AHA+. I've been using it for 3+ months now and am loving it.

after my swim practice if i dont do anything with my skin until i get home it gets SO. DRY. like even worse than any flaking i had while my skin was adjusting to DKR, it was like i had scales of dry skin. so now i put body lotion on my face (bad, i know, but it helps) and then wash my face and do the regimen when i get home

so i think the trick is to get moisture of any kind as soon as possible. even though dan says to wait for your face to dry, i use BP while my skins still a little moist and its helped a lot

Hi Sprintz, I agree with all comments above.

Cococbo - use AHA+ . Agreed, this has made a huge difference to my skin since using this at night time. I now rarely get flakes, apart from the flakey bits from when zits are healing. (but they are good flakes right? :))

Riveragolden- yes agree. Skin dries out when cleansing, swimming etc, so washing for longer is not going to help the flakiness. All you are trying to achieve by cleansing first is preparing your skin for the new application of the regimen. So a quick cleanse to remove old product is all your wanting to do. (ie, not 'wash' off the flakes).

Ilovemesomevanity (great name!) - I have such dry skin naturally, even before applying BP and I used to apply moisturiser the second I got out of the shower or swimming or my skin would 'crack'. That is definitely the hardest part of following the regimen exactly, is drying my skin and then waiting till it drys completely before applying BP. I HATE that tight skin feeling....

Hi Sprintz, I agree with all comments above.

Cococbo - use AHA+ . Agreed, this has made a huge difference to my skin since using this at night time. I now rarely get flakes, apart from the flakey bits from when zits are healing. (but they are good flakes right? smile.png)

Riveragolden- yes agree. Skin dries out when cleansing, swimming etc, so washing for longer is not going to help the flakiness. All you are trying to achieve by cleansing first is preparing your skin for the new application of the regimen. So a quick cleanse to remove old product is all your wanting to do. (ie, not 'wash' off the flakes).

Ilovemesomevanity (great name!) - I have such dry skin naturally, even before applying BP and I used to apply moisturiser the second I got out of the shower or swimming or my skin would 'crack'. That is definitely the hardest part of following the regimen exactly, is drying my skin and then waiting till it drys completely before applying BP. I HATE that tight skin feeling....

thanks! came up with it myself :) hahahaa

yeah! the tightness is so uncomfortable

i actually have naturally oily skin, but since im on the regimen, my skins super dry after washing and then it gets oily during the day. yaaaaay

now that im using AHA+ every night and not letting my skin dry, the dryness is so much better! still gets oily later though but ill live with that :)

I would LOVE to have oily skin. My skin is dry in the morning...i slap on about 10 million layers of moisturiser and jojoba oil and by the afternoon it is like I've just washed my face and is all tight and dry again.

The girls at work complain of having oily skin and having to 'pat it down' with tissues, but at least they have a nice healthy glow. I have to add a 'fake' healthy glow with joboba oil... rolleyes.gif