Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maingon

wondering if I should use retina Mirco

My doctor prescribed me Clindagel for acne, I have light acne. and Retina Micro for Melasma ( I have a slight darker pigmination on my forhead, its about an inch in radius so not big, but I notice it.

Should I try using Retina Micro? it seems lot of people have used it and broke out worse and it has left scarring. is it worth trying? I

it was the first thing I tried to treat my acne, about 3 years ago, did absolutely nothing, I dont even think it broke me out, it just didnt do anything at all, I'd recommend Dan's regimen (Benzoyl Peroxide) rather than retin-a cause that defenitely improved me a bit...but thats me, see what works for you

good luck

Im in the same dilema as you. I got it today and im thinking, im not even gonna use it. Differen did NOTHING for me and made me break out like a dog, so im thinking my dad wasted his money huh.gif

I'm not a huge fan of Retin A. It burned the crap out of my face, and most of my friends who could tolerate it wound up breaking out pretty bad. I have some light melasma also. I'm trying mandelic acid from Nucelle. This fall I'm looking at having a series of ELOS treatments for the melasma and for spider veins. It uses radio waves and light ,very safe with no downtime. I read about it at Syneron's website.It costs some dough, but if you maintain the results with proper use of sunscreen the results for the melasma should be permanent. Good luck whatever you try.

I wouldnt be using Retina micro on my acne just on that spot, you think i should try it? i dont have bad acne and I dont want to use it and break out really bad. How bad was your acne when you used retina mirco

im woundering the same thing. The derm showed me a 3 picture chart. It was a 7 week progression of a girl with BAD acne. It showed what affects retin-a had after 7 weeks. Let me tell you, after 7 weeks she looked almost WORSE then when she started! dry.gif I told the derm. it looked WORSE and not goood at all, she replied by showing me ONE pimple that had disapeared off the girl's face. WELL that didnt exactly convince me of using retin-a-crap!

Proactiv solution heals more in 2 weeks then retin-a does in 2 months! And it doesnt make u break out when u start using it. It ACTUALLY starts healing without making ANYTHING worse. smile.gif

I'm just not a big fan of Retin A esp. for melasma because it makes you a lot more sensitive to sun which can make melasma even worse. I only had a brief experience with Retin A because I couldn't tolerate it. I've only known one person who liked Retin A, but he had very tough skin. I would try the Nucelle mandelic acid products from Skincarerx, for the melasma.You still need to careful with the sun, but I it isn't as sensitizing.