Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tigerlily-x

What Should I Do With My Acne?

please do not scroll down if you are easily grossed out.. pictures attached.

i'm 17, i've had this acne problem for about a month now, and as you can see there's two massive new zits. neutral.gif

i've always had amazing skin so when this acne thing happened.. my life just became awful. i hate going out now, and i don't feel very good about myself.

i've tried ACV for about two weeks plus daily once a day.. no visible results.. so i stopped.

i cannot be on any kind of drugs because my parents won't let me.. so i am basically stumped.

as of tomorrow, i will force myself to drink at least 3 glasses of plain water.. which is not easy because i rarely, if ever, drink plain water. i hope it would help..

is there any more tips for me to overcome this problem? i'm willing to do nearly anything.. i'm desperate to have my life back = clear skin.

post-157294-0-61408200-1318090408_thumb.

post-157294-0-93851900-1318090442_thumb.

Edited by tigerlily-x

Looks fairly inflamed. Made any diet changes recently? Try cutting out sugar, soy and dairy. See if any of those help (give it a month or so). If that doesn't help, then look at the Nutrition and Health Section for more tips.

Guest Timehealsall

i'm 17, i've had this acne problem for about a month now, and as you can see there's two massive new zits. neutral.gif

i've always had amazing skin so when this acne thing happened.. my life just became awful. i hate going out now, and i don't feel very good about myself.

i've tried ACV for about two weeks plus daily once a day.. no visible results.. so i stopped.

i cannot be on any kind of drugs because my parents won't let me.. so i am basically stumped.

as of tomorrow, i will force myself to drink at least 3 glasses of plain water.. which is not easy because i rarely, if ever, drink plain water. i hope it would help..

is there any more tips for me to overcome this problem? i'm willing to do nearly anything.. i'm desperate to have my life back = clear skin.

to me it seems like just teenage acne..

Birth control would probably help you, but your parents dont want you to be on it so i guess that is not an option.

What do you mean by you rarely drink plain water?What type of water do u drink?

to me it seems like just teenage acne.. Birth control would probably help you, but your parents dont want you to be on it so i guess that is not an option. What do you mean by you rarely drink plain water?What type of water do u drink?

coke is like my favorite, but i will drink whatever's fizzy or flavored.

i've heard birth control helps and i have been thinking of buying them secretly but i don't know..

I am on Seasonale for birth control. It really hasn't done anything to my acne as I still get them and recently I've been getting more around my chin area ._.

I've been using Avon products which helped. If you get Avon they are cheap in their products and always have sales on.

I just switched from Avon, after 8 years, to a new regime with BP in it.

Since I've been using it for so long, made switches to new products along the way, but my skin has become accustomed to the products and are not working as effectively anymore.

You may want to consider trying out products that follow Dan's regime or maybe Avon acne products.

Also, on the water note, I don't drink the recommended amount of water either but I always have a water bottle full of water near my desk to make sure I see I have a drink and don't need to get up and get something else.

You can also use crystal light which changes the flavour of the water (:

If you rarely drink water that could be a big factor. Don't overlook the benefits of staying hydrated and simultaneously cutting sugar out of your diet (by avoiding the alternative, sugary pop drinks). You may be surprised how syrupy and gross those drinks taste when you drink only water for a while, try it sometime!