Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Along with the stress i am recently facing due to classes, its also pretty depressing to know that i am the only one with an incurable skin condition that leaves scars and hyper-pigmentation on my face.

Or so i thought..

In my greek art class i noticed this girl who sat quietly with her head down and covered her face with her bangs.

I found that intriguing because those are usually the things i do when i am in front of people.

Finally when she looked up, i noticed that she TOO had acne and marks just like mine.

OMG i felt as if i just found my long lost sister!

I know its pretty dumb to want to befriend someone based on one skin condition, but it just felt so at ease to know at i am not the only one in this whole university suffering from moderate-severe acne.

I felt as if i found someone who can directly relate to me (besides the people from this site), i no longer feel like a hopeless alien.

I want to befriend her, but unfortunately acne has limited my social skills and my ability to freely talk to someone, especially about acne.

Next class i will try to get to class on time (for once) and sit next to her. It would be really nice to talk to someone who REALLY does understand.

I know what you mean! My acne developed over the summer, and I was completely devastated because wherever I went, I was always the ONLY person with moderate-severe acne. But now that I'm back at school... I see at least 5 or 6 other kids around school with really bad acne, too. It makes me feel so relieved; like I'm not a FREAK!

Definitely try to be friends with the other girl, but maybe you shouldn't bring up the whole acne subject... Its a pretty sensitive spot, and I know I would be a bit creeped out and insulted if someone I didn't even really know came over to me and started talking about my acne. I mean, its fine to talk about after you're already good friends... but its just not a good thing to BASE a friendship off of, you know?

It's probably nice to have someone around who can relate, but don't bring it up right away because she may not be willing to talk to you about it as much as you may be into the idea of being able to discuss it with her. But, if you did become good friends, the subject would come up by itself at some point I think. :)

Just say hi and introduce yourself. Since you are a student, you will need a study/homework partner.

I know what you mean.. I feel more comfortable around my friends who also have acne issues. I fear that my perfect skinned friends may think I'm dirty or something causing my skin issues. On my bad skin days, I find myself searching for other people with blemishes so I feel less like a martian. Unfortunately, they're few and far between.

Edited by mjm2010