Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roisin75

Lack Of Focus On Accutane

Hi, I have been on 40 mg for just over a month, having been bumped up from 20 mg. I am becoming worried by how foggy and unfocused my brain is becoming. I find it very hard to concentrate and take anything in. I had my first driving lesson today and it was like I was operating in a fog.

I am really scared that this is a side effect that won't go away when the course is over. I can deal with it for the next few months, but forever would be very worrying indeed.

Can anyone reassure me?

i have had the same side effects and i know how frustrating it can be.

In my case all side effects went away when i finished. it took about three or four weeks for me and i was back to normal :) im back on it but i know what to expect this time and i know once i finish i will go back to normal. Im sure you'll be the same.

Thanks jpman - that makes me feel a bit better! I have been reading stuff on this forum and the internet about how Roaccutane can damage your brain receptors permanently and it made me panic.