Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lindz029

Is This Normal?

Ive been doing the regimen once daily at night time since my skin is really sensitive. Ive been applying BP once a night for approximately 3 weeks. Ive just recently (For 3 days) began doing the regimen x2 a day every other day....meaning.....

Day 1:

Morning: Cleanse, BP, moist w/ jojoba oil

Night: Cleanse , BP, moist w jojoba

Day 2:

Morning: Cleanse, moist w jojoba oil (NO BENZOYL PEROXIDE)

Night Cleanse, BP moist

Day 3

Morning: Cleanse, BP, moist w/ jojoba oil

Night: Cleanse , BP, moist w jojoba

After starting to do the regimen x2 a day every other day my skin is REALLY REALLY red, warm to touch, hurts,dry, itches, and irritated. Is this normal? Please help!

Ive been having the same troubles with the bp.You might have to start slower than that even.Im on my second try first time I did close to how it says in the regimen started out slow first week only once a day the second week 2 times a day then slowly adding more bp an i think by 2-3 weeks it says u should be using the full amount of bp.Well for me that did not work I had a red peeling hot painfull face.So on my second try I used less than a third of a finger length of bp nightly still to much so now Im doing just a thin layer over my face every other night so far a little redness an some peeling.I think some people are very sensitive to bp an have to go very slowly with it.I have used the AcneFree system for about 2 years an could never use the wash an the repairing lotion both every day 2 times a day both have bp in them.So I say just start with a thin layer or a smaller amount than you were using an move up as your skin can tolerate.you might have to give your face a few days rest from the bp During that time wash with a gentle face wash cetaphil really helped my face when it was so irritated an then i use olay the one with zinc in it also very soothing to irritated skin an i add a pump or 2 of cetaphil moisturizer an a few drops of jojoba oil both morning an night,I also use the equate version of olay an cetaphil sold at walmart. I hope I have helped you at least a little I know it has been a struggle for me too but I refuse to give up.

Thank you so much for your help I appreciate it! Its so hard to have sensitive skin AND acne because the only products that work against acne wreck havoc on sensitive skin : (

What I would suggest is using BP only at night time, rather than using it twice a day until your skin calms down. Use less BP as well! Don't start too quickly.

Thank you so much for your help I appreciate it! Its so hard to have sensitive skin AND acne because the only products that work against acne wreck havoc on sensitive skin : (

Your welcome Yes sensitive skin is hard to deal with when you also have acne its a daily struggle.