Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unbreakable1

Buying Peels Off Ebay - How To Be Safe

I want to buy a peel for my back scars because the skin is thicker so a low strength peel won't do much damage, if any, whilst on Accutane... How do I be safe about it? I don't have a lot of money (14USD at most)

I really would suggest it when on accutane your skin is really sensitive and it may leave you with one big scar, I would wait till you have finished your course it advised that you do or atleast by my dermatologist it was. Good luck anyway .

I honestly wouldn't suggest buying a peel off Ebay. There are no guarantees as to the efficacy and safety of the products, or even if it's really what the vendor says it is.

Makeupartistschoice.com has a variety of peels to choose from and many people on this site sing their praises. Although, like the previous poster mention, it would be unwise to preform a chemical peel until at least 6 months after you've completed your accutane course, let alone while you're still on it. As I understand it accutane makes your skin very sensitive and increases the likelihood of developing PIH, which would lead me to believe that preforming a chemical peel while taking accutane would greatly increase the risks of burns, hyper-pigmentation, and all the other problems that could arrise.

Thank about it and DO RESEARCH before preforming treatments on yourself that could scare you for life!

Makeup Artist's Choice is excellent. Make sure you are a good number of months off Accutane before doing peels. Also, be careful when doing body peels. The body can't take as high % peels as the face can.

Edited by Beautiful Day

Makeup Artist's Choice is excellent. Make sure you are a good number of months off Accutane before doing peels. Also, be careful when doing body peels. The body can't take as high % peels as the face can.

Really? I thought the skin on your back is much thicker and can take higher %? At least that's what I've read

Really? I thought the skin on your back is much thicker and can take higher %? At least that's what I've read

I've read the opposite. The face can take relatively high peels (30-40% TCA), but try that on any other part of your body and it will result in hyperpigmentation.

Read the MD answers here. http://www.realself....oration-abdomen

Edited by Beautiful Day