Notifications
Clear all

Wai Diet - The Only Way To Get 100% Clear Forever

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 10/04/2011 2:49 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm here to discuss Wai Diet, as what I think to be the only efficient and healthful solution to get 100% acne clear forever.

I've been on Wai Diet for 8 months and I am acne clear since week 3.

The diet consists of... you can eat everything except cooked foods, milk/dairy, vegetables, and salt/spices.

You can eat: fruits (raw, can also be juiced or dried), raw egg yolks, raw fish, raw meat (not advocated), nuts, olive oil and other oils, sugar, honey, and a little chives and vinegar.

You may think it's a restrictive diet, but I'd say it's just a new eating paradigm, that happens to be very different from the most popular ones nowadays. In this diet, you still got hundreds of foods to chose from.

Why will this diet keep you cleared up?

Because acne occurs when BOTH this factors occur1.) Too much moisture in the skin pinching off sebum canals;

2.) High sebum production.

If you eliminate one of these, you get clear of acne.

However, all the acne treatments that we use nowadays, and that are discussed here, consist on eliminating the second factor, which means decreasing sebum production.

But if the skin does not contain excessive moisture, a high sebum production is not a problem at all. Sebum is essential to keep the skin flexible and young. The more sebum is produced, the more flexible and healthy the skin is. The less sebum is produced, the faster the outer skin cells dehydrate and age.

That's why all the tradicional acne treatments seem so unnecessarily unhealthy to me. They not only dry and irritate your skin, making it become spoiled and aging before time, as some of those treatments can also mess up with your health pretty badly!

(Topical creams are also a bad choice in my opinion since, again, you're just spoiling your skin, as pimples will keep on coming no matter how much of them you burn!)

Instead, you can eliminate factor 1.), which as no health consequences at all. On the reverse: it has many health benefits. And the only way to do it is cutting out the things that cause too much moisture in the skin pinching off sebum canals:

- consuming cooked foods, for it's altered proteins

- consuming raw milk/dairy, for it's hormones

- consuming raw vegetables, for the hard digestion of these by humans (this is the mildest factor in my opinion)

- consuming salt/spices, since these cause high water retention in the skin

- consuming too much proteins, even if raw

- other factors: alcohol consumption, stress, consuming too little fat, hormonal fluctuation, many drugs and medicines.

You can read more about this in the free acne book, just google it!

Try this diet and you will see for yourself! 😉

Cheers

Update: We now consider raw organic beef 100% healthy and safe (lots of people eat it - carpaccio, steak tartar, etc). But please never try raw pork or raw game. It has a chance of containing very dangerous parasites. Just like some fish species are not safe to eat raw (the japanese mastered which, wikipedia "sashimi"), only some meat species are safe too, and as far as we know, only beef is, preferentially organic.

Update 2: If you're really afraid of consuming raw animal foods (fish, meat, eggs) and you still wanna do this diet, nothing like consuming only bought-frozen (except for eggs). Freezing kills parasites and bacteria, and doesn't damage the protein (unlike cooking). Freezing is 100% Wai. However, some of the nasty parasites of the unsafe-to-eat-raw fish and meat species might survive freezing, so don't eat unsafe species even if bought-frozen!

MemberMember
(@marissa8161)

Posted : 10/04/2011 9:09 pm

Any diet that cuts out VEGETABLES seems like anything but healthy to me...

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 10/04/2011 11:37 pm

"The Only Way To Get 100% Clear Forever"

I sense an onslaught of flak.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 10/05/2011 7:27 am

Any diet that cuts out VEGETABLES seems like anything but healthy to me...

There is not a single nutrient that vegetables contain, that fruits don't contain.

And raw vegetables are of hard digestion for humans, unlike fruits.

So why would it be unhealthy to cut them out?

And I really don't think acne is caused by "too much moisture in the skin pinching off sebum canals"??

How does that explain acne sufferers with overly dry skin not caused by products?

Because your skin can have low skin-oil production and at the same time high sebum production. Skin-oil and sebum are different. Sebum is a solid substance (at least when it comes to surface), it's the yellowish substance that you see stucked in your whiteheads. Skin-oil is the oil that skin naturally produces.

Plus, an overly dry skin is not a balanced skin, so sebum canals might get pinched off much more easily. I know this from experience - I burnt my whole face 2 years ago, and the times I used to have my skin more dry, were the times my skin got more fragile and got more acne.

Plus, if this person uses moisturizers (since most people with overly dry skin do) mositurizers by itself can cause acne. Moisturizers work by delivering water-retaining molecules to the outer skin, which end up on the true skin, where their water retention may pinch off sebum cannals.

Like you said, moisture is good for the skin - we want hydrated skin.

I never said that actually, I said sebum is good for the skin.

But it's true, moisture is also good ofc. However, we don't want TOO MUCH of it. And cooked foods, milk/dairy, salt/spices cause WAY too much. That is for sure unhealthy.

MemberMember
(@captainsunshine)

Posted : 10/05/2011 12:27 pm

Before I succeeded with Paleo, I tried the Wai Diet, specifically the restrictive Acne Sample Diet. To be fair, my hair never looked so naturally full of life, and I was having the best sleep ever. The downside was the weight loss, if you lead a busy, active life, it's hard to sustain. And, you need to make sure you don't have sensitivity to eggs, nuts, avocados, which subsequently in time I found out I had.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 10/06/2011 6:11 am

Before I succeeded with Paleo, I tried the Wai Diet, specifically the restrictive Acne Sample Diet. To be fair, my hair never looked so naturally full of life, and I was having the best sleep ever.

Yes, me too! In fact, sleep, energy and psychological well-being and for me the best advantage of Wai Diet! You feel another person!

The downside was the weight loss, if you lead a busy, active life, it's hard to sustain.

You can make juice in the morning, like 1 or 2 liters, add some olive oil, some sugar if you need lots of energy, and you can spend your work day just sipping juice. This way, you can easily consume lots of calories, so you won't lose weight.

Dry fruit+nuts is also a good solution. You just pick your Tupperware and have a snack whenever you want ;)

And, you need to make sure you don't have sensitivity to eggs, nuts, avocados, which subsequently in time I found out I had.

Ouch, that's bad... I love all those!

But I don't eat nuts, for eg., since they make me acne. Nuts are the only thing in diet that can make acne, yet some acne-prone people don't get acne from them.

As for eggs, you don't need them if you eat fish. Avocados, same thing, you don't need them as long as you eat other fats. I don't eat these two either, cause I can't get good quality ones where I live.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 10/08/2011 5:43 am

Also, a really important thing about Wai Diet, minding acne, is washing face with anything but low mineral bottled water!

Tap water contains chemicals, such as chlorine, that irritate your face. And soaps are completely unnecessary on face.

This step was crucial for my skin complexion! Try it and you'll see!

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 10/08/2011 7:46 pm

Only way? Uhhh no.

MemberMember
(@moonbase)

Posted : 10/08/2011 9:24 pm

Sounds like this diet has many parallels to what I recommend. Historically large amounts of vegetables(with the exception of starchy ones) were only eaten in times of famine. Now some vegetables are health promoting but many can be considered harmful (due to natural toxins that discourage animals from eating them). Personally the only vegetables I consume are leafy greens which historically were even consumed by humans with an abundant supply of food. I occasionally add in other vegetables for flavour sake but dont find a need with the large amounts of fruit I intake. In regards to raw meat - there are definitely benefits to consuming raw meats - though if the rest of your diet is stellar some lightly cooked proteins are just fine - after all we've been cooking foods for a long time.

Thumbs up for those that want to try this diet.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 10/09/2011 10:55 am

Thumbs up for those that want to try this diet.

Thanks for supporting!

though if the rest of your diet is stellar some lightly cooked proteins are just fine

Light cooking is not as bad as deep cooking, but it is still very bad for your health.

Why? It's all here: http://www.waiworld.com/waisays/food/cook-protein.html

after all we've been cooking foods for a long time.

Humans have been here for like 10million years.

Fire and cooking have only been used for the last half million.

Anyway, that doesn't mean at all that cooking is healthy.

About greens, yeah I don't think they're the worse either, but they are of bad digestion for humans, they have lots of anti-nutrients, and there's not a single nutrient on them that fruits don't contain, so why to eat them when you have fruits? It's like that saying "you don't need to eat carps, there are better fish to eat" :D

However, I'd be happy if everyone would go Wai+greens, the world would be so much better already!

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 10/16/2011 11:39 am

We also have a forum with lots of good discussions and information:

http://www.waiworld.com/waitalk/phpBB3/index.php

Feel free to sign in and participate!

MemberMember
(@markytee)

Posted : 11/04/2011 8:19 am

i'm pretty sure that's not true

but anyway since you say this diet can help in the small space of just 2 weeks i would be willing to give it a chance for a wee while...only thing is i begin military training in a few months

i doubt i would be able to follow it then

got any other suggestions that would help but still give me the energy i would require?

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/05/2011 12:40 pm

i'm pretty sure that's not true

You're right, I had searched wrongly. It's about 2 millions I guess. Sorry for that!

but anyway since you say this diet can help in the small space of just 2 weeks i would be willing to give it a chance for a wee while...only thing is i begin military training in a few months

i doubt i would be able to follow it then

got any other suggestions that would help but still give me the energy i would require?

Yes, there are 3 solutions.

First one (and better) drink a lot of homemade juices, from your juice extractor, with olive/coconut oil. You can also add raw egg yolks to these, for protein. This way you will have everything you need (carbs, fats, prots, vitamins, minerals) and lots of easy to absorb energy, and it's easy to digest. Just take it in bottles with you and have a drink whenever you want, it couldn't be more practical.

2 - Take lots of nuts and dried fruit with you.

3 - Eat in a fat and protein basis. This way you can be without eating for long periods, because fats are broken down for energy much more gradually than carbs/sugars. Fatty Wai foods are oils, nuts, avocados, egg yolks, fatty fish and fatty meats.

MemberMember
(@vapor1)

Posted : 11/05/2011 5:05 pm

it seems sort of essential to have protein for muscles though. also, don't eggs contain protein in the white, not the yolk? Have you tried eating more cooked protein and see how you react? I would guess it wouldn't really be a problem

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/05/2011 6:51 pm

it seems sort of essential to have protein for muscles though. also, don't eggs contain protein in the white, not the yolk? Have you tried eating more cooked protein and see how you react? I would guess it wouldn't really be a problem

Yes, protein is indeed essential, and this diet supplies you abundantly with it.

Eggs contain some protein in the white yeah, but egg whites are very nutrient deficient, comparing to the yolk:

http://nutritiondata...-products/112/2

Plus, whites contain anti-nutrients that can make you hard digestion when eaten raw. Plus they're not tasty at all raw. So, no reason to eat them.

Yes I did a lot of experiments in the first few months, and cooked animal foods are among the things that make me breakout the most.

Plus, now, after 9 months eating 100% raw, I really wouldn't touch anything cooked. It doesn't seem like food to me anymore! Specially cooked animal foods, which seem like burned flesh for me, and are so much tastier in their raw form!

Not to mention the all the other health problems that I believe that those foods cause. Acne is the least, for me.

MemberMember
(@purplgrind)

Posted : 11/06/2011 2:42 am

Wow, I can guarentee this will absolutely not get people "100% clear forever in 2 weeks". If you're going to make claims at least make them plausible. This is too rediculous and will lead to malnutrition. Vegetables are not filled with "toxins" and they are an essential part of a human diet. I challenge you to name some specific toxins you find in vegetables and provide a reliable source.

EDIT: Sorry, thought that you had said vegetables had toxins but it was somebody else. But I still think this diet is too extreme.

MemberMember
(@captainsunshine)

Posted : 11/06/2011 7:27 am

I've tried the diet. There's no faulting its results, better skin, better hair, better sleep. Hats off to anyone sticking with it for longer than just the 'acne free diet phase'. Making a litre of orange juice daily is just plain difficult, since it'd take on average 12 oranges to do it, just became too tiresome for me.

MemberMember
(@derrrrrrrrrp)

Posted : 11/06/2011 8:47 am

Vegetables aren't hard for the digestion, unless you actually have those symptoms, which would usually include stomach pain, intestinal gas and hard stool.

And spices are usually plants/plant parts with very aromatic compounds. Just because you can smell them doesn't mean they contain more "dangerous chemicals" than other plants or fruits.

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 11/06/2011 11:30 am

Yes, protein is indeed essential, and this diet supplies you abundantly with it.

Eggs contain some protein in the white yeah, but egg whites are very nutrient deficient, comparing to the yolk:

http://nutritiondata...-products/112/2

Plus, whites contain anti-nutrients that can make you hard digestion when eaten raw. Plus they're not tasty at all raw. So, no reason to eat them.

Yes I did a lot of experiments in the first few months, and cooked animal foods are among the things that make me breakout the most.

Plus, now, after 9 months eating 100% raw, I really wouldn't touch anything cooked. It doesn't seem like food to me anymore! Specially cooked animal foods, which seem like burned flesh for me, and are so much tastier in their raw form!

Not to mention the all the other health problems that I believe that those foods cause. Acne is the least, for me.

How's your skin doing after waiing your options, olympusmons?

I've tried the diet. There's no faulting its results, better skin, better hair, better sleep. Hats off to anyone sticking with it for longer than just the 'acne free diet phase'. Making a litre of orange juice daily is just plain difficult, since it'd take on average 12 oranges to do it, just became too tiresome for me.

Citrus fruit scares me after reading some people's reactions to it on this forum. Cystic acne...

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/06/2011 12:09 pm

Wow, I can guarentee this will absolutely not get people "100% clear forever in 2 weeks". If you're going to make claims at least make them plausible. This is too rediculous and will lead to malnutrition. Vegetables are not filled with "toxins" and they are an essential part of a human diet. I challenge you to name some specific toxins you find in vegetables and provide a reliable source.

EDIT: Sorry, thought that you had said vegetables had toxins but it was somebody else. But I still think this diet is too extreme.

Vegetables have anti-nutrients. That's nature's way to make us, animals, not eat plants, but their fruits. Except animals that are specially designed to eat plants, and have crops and complex stomachs to digest them, like chickens, cows, etc etc.

Examples of vegetables anti-nutrients: here http://www.waiworld....vegetables.html and here http://www.waiworld....et/vgb-gbo.html (Abstracts of most sources can be found at the National Library of Medicine)

And I challenge you to try the diet for 2 weeks, then wink.png

Thanks for the feedback captainsunshine!

There are alternatives for orange juicing, like an electrical citrus juicer, there are some cheap ones out there!

Also, for other juices, you can do a lot of juice easily with centrifugal or masticating juicers.

How's your skin doing after waiing your options, olympusmons?

Two years ago, I had a burn accident in a grease fire. I suffered from mid-deep 2nd degree burns in 17% of my total body surface: my both hands, my both feet, my left knee and my whole face and frontal neck.

I luckily didn't get keloid scarring on face/neck (only in my left hand), but my skin got very sensitive and dry. So I started having lots and lots of pimples everywhere in my face, when before the injury I used to had like 1 or 2 pimples.

Since I started Wai (found it when googling "acne diet"), acne was gone like 99%. I still have like in average 2 or 3 very little closed comedones nowadays, because my skin is really not normal skin, and cloggs with any minor agression: wind, pillows, a bit of stress, etc. But nothing, nothing to do with the like 20/40 full of pus pimples I used to have before.

The best thing I notice, still on skin, is my skin complexion. It's much less dry, and most importantly, much less prone to irritations. Much less red and inflamed. I never got any eczemas anymore, and I no longer feel it stretching and itching. I think that washing face only with low mineral bottled water and avoiding everything else (moisturizers, make up, soaps, etc) it's the best thing you can do for your facial skin. Ofc a healthy skin will tolerate this things to a certain point, but my skin wasn't even being able to hang on with tap water and baby soap and baby moisturizer, and I think it got much better when I got rid of that.

But after all, I don't care much about skin. I know women would care more, it's natural. What I care more, and makes me go on this diet, is overall health: sleep, humor, energy, feeling of lightness, good digestion, etc, and those benefits and in my opinion groundbreaking.

Citrus fruit scares me after reading some people's reactions to it on this forum. Cystic acne...

Yes, that might be due to allergies. There are lots of food allergies, which can also include Wai foods. The solution is simple: don't eat those foods. You always got other choices.

MemberMember
(@gmarias)

Posted : 11/07/2011 10:21 pm

Except excessive fruit sugars can really do a number on your blood sugar, not to mention can wreak havoc for some people's skin.

There's nothing really wrong with eating everything raw (if you can stand it...) and I don't doubt something like this could clear someone up. Will it clear everyone up? Sure won't.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/08/2011 4:15 am

With so many diets out there, i am very confused as to what you can eat and you cant. Some claim fruits are a big no-no, because it spikes glucose levels. They say veggies are the way to go.

Others claim veggies are a no-no... which is it?

Regarding the bottled water, do you use any bottled water to wash your face, or only a specific kind?

Also, have you ever tried a protein only diet before (i.e. chicken,eggs etc etc)?

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/08/2011 2:24 pm

Except excessive fruit sugars can really do a number on your blood sugar, not to mention can wreak havoc for some people's skin.

True. That's why in this diet you always combine sugary foods with fatty foods. Unless you eat your fruit quite gradually along the day, which is not practical for most people nowadays.

There's nothing really wrong with eating everything raw (if you can stand it...) and I don't doubt something like this could clear someone up. Will it clear everyone up? Sure won't.

It's not just about eating everything raw (in fact, we don't eat raw milk/dairy nor raw veggies). This diet has a whole biochemistry theory behind it. Mind to read it if you have time (google free acne book).

I read a post that about 10 years ago, the inventor of this diet tested it on 15 people (mostly his real life friends I guess) and all of them got 100% clear in 2-4 weeks.

That's sort of all "clinical studies" we have lol, but it's kinda interesting. Plus, I've browsed through almost all the diet's forum, and only read of 1 person who didn't got clear, but that person had many issues: had a tanning accident on face few weeks before, plus had been recently on accutane (Accutane weakens yours skin and unbalances your whole organism), etc.

What this diet's creator also states is that Wai Diet fully clears everyone who hasn't got strong hormonal unbalance, which is a very minor percentage of the people that have acne. Even in those people, their skin will get much clearer and better in general.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/08/2011 2:51 pm

With so many diets out there, i am very confused as to what you can eat and you cant. Some claim fruits are a big no-no, because it spikes glucose levels. They say veggies are the way to go.

That's because in "normal" diets you eat like 3, 4, 5 times a day. In this diet, you don't do planned meals at planned hours. You eat whatever you want, whenever you're hungry. Plus, in "normal" diets, people don't have in mind that when you eat a high sugary meal, you should eat fat at the same time in order not to spike glucose levels, as you said.

If you were gonna eat all-fruit 3 or 4 times a day, without any fat (fruits have very little fat) you'd have to eat like 100 grams of sugar a time!! With no fat!! That could indeed cause extreme glucose spikes, and wouldn't be healthy. I guess that's why doctors recommend more veggies, since they have almost no sugar, so you can eat a whole lot at a time. They are also rich in vitamins and minerals, so everyone thinks they're healthy. And they are. But not for humans. We don't have complex stomaches, like cows and etc, to digest them. We're not able to properly process their enzymes and anti-nutrients.

Imo veggies aren't the worst thing here. I'd eat them (raw) if I hadn't anything else.

They're like horse straw to me, no offence. They're not nearly as tasty as fruits, they're not so nutrient rich as fruits, and they are harder to digest than fruits.

Plus there's not a single nutrient in them that fruits don't contain, so why eat them?

Regarding the bottled water, do you use any bottled water to wash your face, or only a specific kind?

Any bottled water, as long as it is low mineral bottled water (this usually comes written in the label).

Also, have you ever tried a protein only diet before (i.e. chicken,eggs etc etc)?

You mean an animal-foods-only diet? No, never.

But I think my diet before was pretty much a protein diet, even if I didn't noticed. I'd eat bread and milk and cheese for breakfast, which have all lots of protein... Same thing for afternoon snack... And at lunch and dinner cooked meat/fish with cooked grains/cereals, both have also lots of protein. Used to eat very little fruit.

I think we all do protein diets nowadays. We eat on average 3 to 4 times the amount of protein recommended by the FDA and most nutritionist organizations (wanna check this? google "fit day" and put in the calculator everything you eat in a day). That's also one of the causes of our diets being unhealthy.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/08/2011 2:58 pm

That's because in "normal" diets you eat like 3, 4, 5 times a day. In this diet, you don't do planned meals at planned hours. You eat whatever you want, whenever you're hungry. Plus, in "normal" diets, people don't have in mind that when you eat a high sugary meal, you should eat fat at the same time in order not to spike glucose levels, as you said.

If you were gonna eat all-fruit 3 or 4 times a day, without any fat (fruits have very little fat) you'd have to eat like 100 grams of sugar a time!! With no fat!! That could indeed cause extreme glucose spikes, and wouldn't be healthy. I guess that's why doctors recommend more veggies, since they have almost no sugar, so you can eat a whole lot at a time. They are also rich in vitamins and minerals, so everyone thinks they're healthy. And they are. But not for humans. We don't have complex stomaches, like cows and etc, to digest them. We're not able to properly process their enzymes and anti-nutrients.

Imo veggies aren't the worst thing here. I'd eat them (raw) if I hadn't anything else.

They're like horse straw to me, no offence. They're not nearly as tasty as fruits, they're not so nutrient rich as fruits, and they are harder to digest than fruits.

Plus there's not a single nutrient in them that fruits don't contain, so why eat them?

Any bottled water, as long as it is low mineral bottled water (this usually comes written in the label).

You mean an animal-foods-only diet? No, never.

But I think my diet before was pretty much a protein diet, even if I didn't noticed. I'd eat bread and milk and cheese for breakfast, which have all lots of protein... Same thing for afternoon snack... And at lunch and dinner cooked meat/fish with cooked grains/cereals, both have also lots of protein. Used to eat very little fruit.

I think we all do protein diets nowadays. We eat on average 3 to 4 times the amount of protein recommended by the FDA and most nutritionist organizations (wanna check this? google "fit day" and put in the calculator everything you eat in a day). That's also one of the causes of our diets being unhealthy.

Do you happen to know of any brands of water (in the united states) that is low mineral water?