Notifications
Clear all

Coconut Oil And Coconut Water

MemberMember
(@nomore1923)

Posted : 10/04/2011 2:49 pm

Has anyone tried either? Preferably coconut oil taken orally? Just read a few positive things about the virgin organic oil and 100% pure coconut water. Experiences? I think I'm gonna try it, I have nothing else to lose...!!!

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 10/04/2011 10:40 pm

It's tasty. Sometimes I like having a spoonful plain...

MemberMember
(@nomore1923)

Posted : 10/04/2011 10:50 pm

So I take it you haven't tried a consistent method for acne (as it relates to coconut oil/water)....

That's what I'm after...

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 10/04/2011 11:35 pm

I use it in my cooking all the time but it's not going to be the only thing to clear up your skin. I'm noticing improvement in mine after cutting out wheat, gluten, dairy, and soy while restricting sugar intake/eating organic/etc. Coconut water I've read doesn't have as much nutritional value as coconut milk, so I don't really buy it. It's tasty too though, certainly.

MemberMember
(@nomore1923)

Posted : 10/05/2011 7:20 pm

If you read some of the reviews online, there are several people that say the main component in clearing their skin was coconut oil. Not topically, but taken by mouth daily. I sorted through the reviews and many of them had moderate/severe acne.

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 10/05/2011 11:01 pm

And these people are eating wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, etc. paying no attention to other aspects of their diet besides the coconut oil? I'm willing to bet if you throw that in your shopping cart you're paying attention to other stuff as well but yes coconut oil is a wonder natural fatty anti-fungal.

MemberMember
(@mooninja)

Posted : 10/12/2011 2:29 pm

i would not use coconut oil topically because it is highly comedogenic but orally there are too many benenfits to not use it! after years of cooking with olive oil i found out it has a very low smoke point, once past a certain degree it almost turns toxic (not going to kill you but it's not good for you body). coconut oil has a very high smoke point so you can cook veggies, chicken, bake with it etc and it tastes so good. they also recommend taking at least 2 tablespoons a day for health benefits, it's got a lot of saturated fat but apparently it's good saturated fat. a lot of people report easy weight loss from doing nothing but eating a few tablespoons of coconut oil everyday. now, it obviously won't work if you eat containers of frosting & pizza everyday. it definitely will help your skin though, i've been doing the two tablespoons for a few weeks now (hard to remember sometimes or if you go out to eat). i wouldn't say it's stopping my acne entirely but i think it's had some assistance. i use Dr. Bronner's organic, whole kernel, fair trade extra virgin. "whole kernel" has more nutrients in it!

http://www.drbronner.com/coconut_oils.html

*a bonus, i wouldn't recommend this for guys and their faces but ladies... shaving your legs with coconut oil leaves them so soft, you'll never have to use lotion again! you have to be careful though because the tub can get slippery! wiggle.gif

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 10/12/2011 4:51 pm

I really wouldn't use CO topically either. It broke me out a tiny bit but the weirdest part is that it actually DRIED my skin out. Not immediately but after a few days of applying it my skin started flaking, similar to BP flaking except the area didn't burn or sting or anything. For topical oils on the skin, I stick to EVOO.

MemberMember
(@emitawolff)

Posted : 03/12/2013 2:52 am

I sometimes drink 100% organic coconot water... It hydrates my skin very well. It is also very tasty!! wub.png

MemberMember
(@morganhkenneth)

Posted : 03/12/2013 6:52 am

I love drinking coconut water, good refreshment especially when I drink directly from the coconut, we can say it is fresh from the tree.