Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
breesy

My Tetralysal Log (300Mg Twice A Day)

hey all

So I got the tetralysal lymecycline prescribed by doctor, with a BP called clindoxyl, it's 5%.

I've used to BP for two weeks without the antibiotic and it hasn't had any positive effects on me, just made the skin a bit more dry I guess

So even though I'm not looking very forward to the antibiotic(due to many people's negative outcomes of it) I started it yesterday.

I'll update the log every day and take pictures every 3 days or so

Hope this would have a positive effect on my skin!

Here's my skin currently...it is very bad...sad.png

post-157291-0-23883500-1317748083_thumb. post-157291-0-34547400-1317748101_thumb.

My one big problem is the redness, it makes it look worse than it really is. I always get dark spots / very red spots after a zit has faded. Most what you see in the photos if the red marks and they look like zits or whatever from a distance. But when I get like a feet from the mirror and have okay lightning at my home they don't seem that bad.

Does anyone have good methods to make them less noticeable? I wouldn't want to wear make-up because if someone sees that I have some on it's just more embarresing than the redness...

Anyways Day 1 and Day 2 are covered with this post! will update tomorrow

post-157291-0-23883500-1317748083_thumb.

post-157291-0-34547400-1317748101_thumb.

Day 3

Hey, quite normal day... Was in school and did some baking later at home!

The skin is looking pretty much the same as yesterday, a few new spots...old ones not really fading.

been researching acne and nutrition a lot today, if someone got some nutrition questions shoot me with a message.

People who have used antibiotics how many days it usually takes to start seeing changes(hopefully improvements)? week? month?

Edited by breesy

Day 4

What's up, anyone reading this?eusa_eh.gif

Anyway my skin is very similar( will post new pictures tomorrow) than yesterday, one new pimple but that's it.

The eating part/when to take antibiotic is quite annoying I got to say!

- I have to wake up earlier so I can take the pill and not eat for 1 hour and then have breakfast

- before bed I either have to take the pill at 9pm( not eat 2 hrs before it) and eat at 10pm or eat at 8pm and take pill at 10pm!

I have started eating wheat products again, I tried for a week if it would make any difference on the skin but no, I'm considering taking dairy back too since I've been of it for a month hoping it would help with the acne but I haven't seen any improvements!

Edited by breesy

this is a great way to stick with your program so keep doing it =D plus in my eyes you should eat anything you want. dairy products like milk or yogurts are good for you, But, try skim milk or soy if you really don't like dairy stuff though. good luck

Day 5

Hey, just took my evening pill, waiting an hour so I can eat again.

I'm feeling a bit down because I lost it today, I was so mad and popped like 5 pimples and now my cheeks are very red. Anyway today I was with my friends after not having seeing them for a week and we chilled in my friend's house, was nice.

I was supposed to go to a club with my other friends but I don't really want because my face is so badsad.png

I'll post pics tomorrow instead

Edited by breesy

Day 6

Hey it's night already didn't make it earlier to the computer!

Well not much to say today, haven't done a lot! Skin isn't improving

I was about to take pictures but my phone battery was too low so I couldn't >.<

I'll post tomorrow!

hey, I forgot the log yesterday ;p so here is 7th and 8th day in same.

I was home pretty much the whole weekend...boring... because I was still a bit sick.

I got a time for removing my wisdom teeth and it's tomorrow! Does anybody know if it could have a positive effect on acne to remove the tooth? Well anyway I'm exhausted from the day, gonna go sleep now!

The pictures look worse/ much more red than the earlier week's, I'm not sure why because the skin is pretty much the same. It was probably the lightning in our bathroom that made quite a big difference. well here they are...very embarresingsad.png

post-157291-0-75139200-1318278415_thumb. post-157291-0-51379800-1318278433_thumb.

post-157291-0-75139200-1318278415_thumb.

post-157291-0-51379800-1318278433_thumb.

Day 9

I went to the dentist but I didn't get my wisdom tooth pulled out...he said they were fine and I was confused, was told earlier that it was a clear case and they would have to be removed..

.I'm feeling down now because I was orientated to get them out, if it would help the skin problems! Well anyway not much to report on the skin, a few pimples have surfaced and they have white heads and the cheeks are all in all very gross:(

Day 10

Today was a better day :) I was with my friend after school and we hung out for a while. I also got my school work that I've been procrastinating with done!

As of yesterday I haven't used the benzoyl peroxid, I used it for 3 and half weeks and it hasn't done a bit...It has just made the skin a bit more red, I guess... It hasn't helped on the zits with whiteheads and it has also made the pimple areas which you can see I have more hard and in a way pushed the pimples back under the surface...

I will see how it goes with just moisturiser and the antibiotic the next few weeks

Anyway the skin isn't much different from yesterday, one new pimple I think, in my cheek, not else, now i'm soon going to sleep, good night!

I'll post pictures again tomorrow!

Wow 4 days have gone so swiftly, I haven't reallly had time to update the log, sorry 'bout that!

Anyway, I was to the dermatologist today and we had a good talk for almost an hour, we came to the decision that the skin is that bad that it wouldn't be healed with the antibiotic and she said me to stop it, which I did in the morning already. We talked about isotretoin (accutane) and came to the decision that I should get on it.

I didn't eat anything in the morning so got straight to the lab to get my blood withdrawn - I should get the results tomorrow.

So I will be starting accutane, different brand name but same stuff, hopefully tomorrow if my blood's okay :) I will be starting with 40mg , 20mg twice a day.

I will make a new log with appropriate name instead of continuing this, so this'll be the last post in this thread and hope people will look into my accutane log which I'll start tomorrow!