Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blondie28

Popped Pimple. Big Mistake. Big Mess.

Ok guys. I had a pimple on my cheek near my nose. It turned white so I popped that little gunk out but the bump didn't go away. It felt very hard so a squeezed it again and oil came out. I wiped the oil way with a tissue and my skin literally ripped right off the pimple! What do I do with this? Do I put neosporin or hydrocortisone on it? Or BP because I still have a bump there? Please help!

Don't do this man OR YOU WILL GET SCARRING

trust me on this .....you will if you keep this up .... i did sorta the same thing to an inflamed pimple and its raised and white now ....very small not noticeable on the side of the face .....but if you do this you will get scarring ....don't pop it even if it turns white .....the white head will go away within a day or so .....only do it if absolutely needed and do it very gently to just get the white part don't try to push out everything because you are literally just deepening the damage.

remember don't do it ....let retina a micro or whatever your favorite retinoid or benzo cream do the trick

I can't stress enough that it won't help it only seems like your doing the right thing. You might already scar as it is, full bandage it and put ointment on it and it should be "ok"

don't do that again

Don't do this man OR YOU WILL GET SCARRING

trust me on this .....you will if you keep this up .... i did sorta the same thing to an inflamed pimple and its raised and white now ....very small not noticeable on the side of the face .....but if you do this you will get scarring ....don't pop it even if it turns white .....the white head will go away within a day or so .....only do it if absolutely needed and do it very gently to just get the white part don't try to push out everything because you are literally just deepening the damage.

remember don't do it ....let retina a micro or whatever your favorite retinoid or benzo cream do the trick

I can't stress enough that it won't help it only seems like your doing the right thing. You might already scar as it is, full bandage it and put ointment on it and it should be "ok"

don't do that again

Scarring-grrr. I didn't even try to pop the one I had on my chin and the exact same thing happened to me. Left a hole. That left a scar.

I left neosporin on it last night. The bump is still there. Lots of redness and dry skin. And where the bump is the skin looks white. Almost like it's dead skin. What do I do now?

I've been in this same boat, it stinks, I know! I have a bad picking habit :( But I'm currently trying to go 30 days without picking. Anyhoo, I think it would be best left alone..let it scab. I think putting any acne meds on it would be too hard and painful. Something that may be smoothing and help reduce the pain is an aspirin mask. Just crush some aspirin and add water to it to make a paste. Apply it to the area until it dries and hardens then rinse. This always seems to calm my angry, inflammed pick jobs.

You did the damage. Now let your skin heal itself. Just DON'T mess with it anymore. Any creams and ointments will potentially interfere with your skin's healing process. I understand the Neosporin, but just don't touch it.