Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Howard2011Accutane

Accutane Cleared Up Acne Within 3 Weeks?

Okay dudes and girls. I started accutane on September 15th. I think I was at my almost max dosage. 40 mg I started for 7 days. Then went up to 80 mg til now.

My acne went from bad to severe within 2 weeks. Ever since Saturday/Sunday. My face has no new breakouts and looks to be good. I exfoliated off the scabs and dried out whiteheads.

Am a lucky case of an accutane cure within a month? Or is my skin gonna get worse still?

(in the meantime) I have been using tea tree oil with bar soap. and every 2nd day using the clean and clear morning burst exfoliator. With dial extra dry skin lotion(pink label) Whats with that citaphil stuff? I never found it so I used what I used.

Who else had acne clear within a month?

I'm literally all clear now, you're not the only one haha.

I still have some very minor breakouts, once a few weeks

but yeah your story sounds just like mine, the 2nd week my skin was really bad but 3rd week it just started healing rapidly..

Sweet man, so what week are you on?

I'm blown away by how the acnes clearer than last monday for example... :S (i had like 50 whiteheads, 10 big cysts) and it hurt.

yeah a few little breakouts in the future wouldnt be bad at all. i feel pretty good with a little acne rather than a lot!

I'm on the 3rd week haha, I'm using tea tree oil on my cysts on my nose which is the only thing have right now. It's good stuff haha. Did you have any side effects other than dry skin?

hey heyyy, i was superrrrrr clear by the third week, but now i'm on the fourth and having a mini breakout. but my skin looks like 65% better already! people who commented on my log said they weren't near as clear so maybe we're just lucky. but then again maye you guys will have a mini break out like i did.

i still think these are going away much quicker then they would before, and my scars are fading as well.

so far accutane= a+++ for me!!

I'm on the 3rd week haha, I'm using tea tree oil on my cysts on my nose which is the only thing have right now. It's good stuff haha. Did you have any side effects other than dry skin?

I use tea tree oil with bar soap to clean my face man. I like use a capful of dialuted tea tree oil and mix in with my hand bar soap. Simple. As for side effects. I have dry eyes, did have achy weak hands for my first 5 days and a slight discomfort in my back 2 days ago. But so far so good. Using vaseline on my lips at night, then I don't have to lipstick my lips in the morning like a girl.

hey heyyy, i was superrrrrr clear by the third week, but now i'm on the fourth and having a mini breakout. but my skin looks like 65% better already! people who commented on my log said they weren't near as clear so maybe we're just lucky. but then again maye you guys will have a mini break out like i did.

i still think these are going away much quicker then they would before, and my scars are fading as well.

so far accutane= a+++ for me!!

you know i think my reason is. I have adult acne. And was on proactiv for a long time. pretty much wanted to go on accutane when my refining mask wouldn't stop my cysts from popping up one after the other. Plus I believed that it would work within a month too. had a dream like 2 days before i took accutane and it was 30 days 40 mg/day. Now that im at 80 mg, it worked. Docs appt next week. He and his student dr(female) are gonna be happy.

But if I get another breakout. it wont be as bad, since my oil bacteria gland that accutane makes smaller will not produce as much oil as it did in the initial breakout eh? I gotta ask my drs if the oil gland will grow when i reduce to a daily dose of 60 mg for example over a month...or even 40mg for 4 months.

On the side note of the accutane. Since it works the body lots. I drink lots of water. And lots of lemonade. real fresh squeezed lemonade. and peanuts/chocolate/chips i wanna normally eat when i do get off accutane as well! That way my skin isn't gonna breakout from eating a little bit of chocolate!

Edited by Howard2011Accutane

Even though you're clear now, you still need to continue taking it until you reach the cumulative dose (based on your body weight) to prevent recurrence. :) Otherwise your acne will likely come back.

good to hear. Sketchy thing might be another breakout or whatever but ya man i think it wont be as bad next time around...

Just posted a pic in my gallery incase anyone wants to see what the big deal is about me being clear...

Nice. My 3rd week I had a major break out with a couple of cysts on my forehead. They were actually some of the few cysts I ever had and that outbreak caused a couple of bad scars. After that I cleared totally within a month and a half, but hey some people clear right away.