Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just curious! I read a bunch of reviews, and with most BCP there are 2 different sides. I saw a lot of positive, but some really negative. Does anyone on the org have personal experience with Yasmin? I recently started taking Trinessa again and, coincidentally (?), my forehead is breaking out. It never breaks out! I really think Trinessa is doing it, and I don't think it helps with my weight or skin anyway. So I am going to start taking Yasmin soon. I am also considering taking Spiro too. I think it may help with my keratosis pilaris, if not my acne/oil production. Please let me know your thoughts and experiences!

I've taken it before for my acne and it didn't clear me up (because my acne wasn't hormonal - it does help a lot of people) and I'm on it at the moment. To be perfectly honest, I don't like it, because it's dealt me a hard hand. :doh: Makes me really moody and emotional, and I feel like a bag of pudding. My boyfriend is terrified of me. :lol: Only reason I'm on it now is because I'm on Accutane and my dermatologist suggested it, but I'm looking to switch onto a different form of BC because it's just too strong for me. I'm sure there are people who have had positive experiences with it. :) But I would not personally recommend it.

I've taken it before for my acne and it didn't clear me up (because my acne wasn't hormonal - it does help a lot of people) and I'm on it at the moment. To be perfectly honest, I don't like it, because it's dealt me a hard hand. eusa_doh.gif Makes me really moody and emotional, and I feel like a bag of pudding. My boyfriend is terrified of me. lol.gif Only reason I'm on it now is because I'm on Accutane and my dermatologist suggested it, but I'm looking to switch onto a different form of BC because it's just too strong for me. I'm sure there are people who have had positive experiences with it. smile.png But I would not personally recommend it.

Waaaaah! I hope I don't have the same experience as you, doesn't sound fun. Hahaha, somehow my boyfriend always flinches when I move quickly ;)

Maybe it will work for me? I feel like my acne is mostly hormonal when I do get it. I guess I will find out. I appreciate your response! :)

Lots of people don't! :D It's just such a strong BC pill, that's all! All you can really do is take it and see how you feel, and if it doesn't work for you, find something else... no biggie.

I'm on Yaz, which I think is pretty much the same as Yasmin, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

So my issue is this: I started it a little over a year ago after trying Alesse for a couple months with absolutely no effects (didn't help my cramps or acne). The Yaz did what I wanted it to, I occasionally got a small stress breakout every few months maybe. I tried Tricyclen Lo for a couple weeks this past spring, but the side effects were horrible, went back on Yaz right away, still fine. This summer I got my wisdom teeth out, was on antibiotics for a while, and my yearly prescription ran out but my doctor was away on holidays (big mess, ultimately.) This resulted in me not taking the Yaz for a little over a month, then I started taking it again when I could get a new perscription. I just finished my second pack after this and my skin has been breaking out worse than ever in my life this past month. I'm hoping it's just a "getting worse before it gets better" thing, but it seems strange after all the success I had with it before. I don't have any other side effects, and it does help with my cramps, which were debilitating, so I don't want to stop taking it. Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen, being on Yaz with good results, stopping and then going back on to worsened acne?

I'm on Yaz, which I think is pretty much the same as Yasmin, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

So my issue is this: I started it a little over a year ago after trying Alesse for a couple months with absolutely no effects (didn't help my cramps or acne). The Yaz did what I wanted it to, I occasionally got a small stress breakout every few months maybe. I tried Tricyclen Lo for a couple weeks this past spring, but the side effects were horrible, went back on Yaz right away, still fine. This summer I got my wisdom teeth out, was on antibiotics for a while, and my yearly prescription ran out but my doctor was away on holidays (big mess, ultimately.) This resulted in me not taking the Yaz for a little over a month, then I started taking it again when I could get a new perscription. I just finished my second pack after this and my skin has been breaking out worse than ever in my life this past month. I'm hoping it's just a "getting worse before it gets better" thing, but it seems strange after all the success I had with it before. I don't have any other side effects, and it does help with my cramps, which were debilitating, so I don't want to stop taking it. Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen, being on Yaz with good results, stopping and then going back on to worsened acne?

Yasmin is the mini pill version of Yaz, there's less hormones in it. I've been on yasmin for almost two years and have never noticed any kind of change. At this point I just use it because I'm sexually active but once I run out I'm going to give serious consideration to weaning myself off of it (the alternative option would be to take the kind planned parenthood would give me, which has more hormones in it...). Messing with your hormones is no joke. I wish there were another way besides messing with them to prevent pregnancy (besides things like black cohosh, which scare me) as I'm not a fan or the feel of condoms. Alas.

Starting Ocella today! I will keep a little log-type thing here to track what's going on. Atm I have a few small pimples on my left jaw and my nose is sort of blackhead-y. Overall, doing pretty good.

I've been on Yasmin for about a year, but it didn't do anything for my acne.. Didn't do no harm either, it was basically just serving its purpose :P

Hopefully it has a postive effect on you :)

^Thank you!! :)

My BCP doesn't affect my acne too too much except the last one had me breaking out!! So I just want one that keeps my skin stable, doesn't make me gain 5-8 pounds, and hopefully... makes the girls bigger. Hahaha. I hate the term "the girls" but what else can I say.

Alrighty!

So it's been going well so far, luckily. I've lost about 4 pounds. I've been eating less and I think Ocella is helping too. I only weigh myself in the morning, before breakfast. This is the proper way to do it right? My skin is looking pretty good, a tiiiiiiny bit congested. I think it's just because of switching BCP again this month. Hopefully I can stay on Ocella. That's all I have to report for now. :]

Ocella works perfectly fine for me, just in case anyone was wary of trying it. For every birth control there are bad and good reviews so it's hard to decide. I think it's helped me lose a little weight, slightly increased the bust, and helped my skin calm down. Win.

Edited by californiaEstie

I'm on Yaz, which also has the bad reputation that Yasmin and Ocella have. (Since they're the same family of BC.)

The bad reviews had me terrified, but in the end I learned people are more likely to voice their opinion if they're angry and want to complain, while people who are satisfied hardly say anything. My ob/gyn assured me he would never prescribe Yaz if it was actually as bad as the lawsuits make it out to be.

I'm somewhat of a hypochondriac, so when I started Yaz I was looking for every little side effect I read about. And guess what? I got none of them. There was frequent spotting in the beginning, but my body adapted in about 2 months. I have not gained weight, been moody or had health issues.

I kind of regret going on birth control, because I'd rather not mess with my hormones and now I'm scared to come off it - but I don't have any side effects to complain about. Oh, and my acne stayed completely the same.

Just wanted to give a positive personal experience, since there aren't enough out there.

Thank you for your input!! You're right, when people are satisfied with something like birth control, they don't usually say anything. That's why I wanted to put my 2 cents in, because it's not half as bad as most of the reviews would lead someone to believe. So thank you and I'm glad it works for you as well!

i broke out so bad with Trinessa!! My doc just gave me Yaz today. Im just afraid of the day i decide i want children....and BAM my acne comes in full force..I would love to find a holistic way.

I might try Spiro.

How are you doing with your BCP??

-Alexandra

It seems like almost everyone is getting breakouts from Trinessa these days. I wonder if they changed the formulation or something... So as for Ocella it MAY be affecting my moods. I am trying to pick out the actuality of that vs. PMS, stress from life events. Hopefully it's not Ocella... I really don't want to change AGAIN. I was thinking about Spiro too but I probably don't need it. I hear it can work really well though!! I hope Yaz works for you. Just be careful with it, be aware of your body and if you feel unwell/dizzy/something like that call a doctor. My friend got a blood clot on it. NOT saying it will happen to you, just be careful. :)

I didnt notice it help my acne at all, what I did notice is the fact I felt horrible and puked every morning for the fist 4 monrings of being on it untill I decided to just stop taking it all together, and then the puking stopped. crazy.gif

Edited by chelsean

Wow... lol that is quite a reaction!

I can't tell if Ocella is affecting my mental state or if all the shit that's going on in my life is. Haha.

I will have to go off birth control for a month before I get facial surgery. I am really scared

of the breakout that I feel will ensue.

I just started Ocella a week ago, figuring it'd be most compatible to my Spiro but I've been breaking out soo bad. I have crappy insurance so I can't afford to switch again. Ugh I hope this calms downeusa_pray.gif