Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Complexion After Completeing Accutane?

Im not sure if this question is a good one considering anyone who has had great success with Accutane will not be lurking forums and off enjoying the amazing skin, nevertheless I will post it.

Basically I have been on Minocycline for 4 years and started Accutane recently, I am currently 18 therefore I started taking antibiotics when I was about 15/16ish. I honestly cannot remember what my skin was like when I was younger, I do however have photos of myself looking a little tanned and healthy (brown arms, healthy looking face etc)

Whilst on Minocycline I would go out in the sun and did tan a little but due to my skin condition loathed taking my shirt off. When I say tan a little I mean, we would go away for a couple of weeks and I would get a bit of color on my arms and face. However most of the time my face is incredibly pasty and white.

Since I consider Accutane to be the most aggressive treatment im not going to try and tan this year for obvious reasons.

I hope this doesn't sound like I want to tan as I dont, whilst I do think I would look a lot healthy (less pasty and pale) I do not want to risk cancer of any sort. I do however want my face to look more flushed? I cant think of a better word to describe it, balanced? Hopefully my hyperpigmentation will die down. I feel as though my explanation is really pathetic

Ultimately I have no idea what my skin looks like (both color tone and complexion) as I have been on medication for the past 5 years of my life. What do you think the chances of it clearing up, looking more balanced etc, would be like once I finish my course?

I understand it thins your skin which I have been experiencing so thicker skin would equal a less pasty face?

Any experience or opinions would be appreciated!